Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tuition Fee Refund

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tuition Fee Refund Empty Tuition Fee Refund Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:44 pm

merryred

Arresto Menor

Story:
I had some psychological outburst recently, rooted from academic and personal issues. It was a personal decision to transfer school but authorities (including my parents) encouraged me not to, and so I stayed. After a semester, it was okay--and by that completely tolerable. For a student who WAS "rigid" and diligent, I really dont have motivation and Im dysfunctional.
I am now in my second semester, hoping to be the last, yes I am a senior and regretting that I have not pursue to transfer.

In our university we have 4 division system of grading: Prelim, Midterm, Prefinal, Final. It's our midterm term now and I decided to want to transfer now.

Dilemma:
Every school has a handbook. Now I'm not sure if we have written policy of a "tuition refund" because I cant get access of our site which happens to have the updated student handbook.

The only policy I know is during enrollment, after a week of enrolling the subject/s, you dont get any refund anymore.

Question:
Can I appeal for a tuition fee refund even if there's no such rule in the student handbook

and

state my reason as: my "psychological well-being" is threatened or at stake?

2Tuition Fee Refund Empty Re: Tuition Fee Refund Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:04 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Try appealing your case to the school administrators first. If they cannot do anything, escalate your situation until it reaches the highest position if resolution was not met.

If you are really firm in your stand and would wish to really have a refund in your tuition and the school is also firm, take your case to the Legal Education Board and seek their advice regarding your matter.

Good luck.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum