Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Revert to Maiden Name

+6
claire2000
manjo
sllegado
Maya
attyLLL
Ms Magoo
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Revert to Maiden Name Empty Revert to Maiden Name Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:52 pm

Ms Magoo

Arresto Menor

I'd like very much to revert to my maiden name. Reasons: 1) My husband and I parted ways in 2000 and 2) He passed away last year.

I have consulted 2 lawyers:
Lawyer no. 1 said I will have to go thru the whole gamut of legal proceedings (for a fee of course) to be able to do that.
Lawyer no. 2 said (this is so much more favorable), NO NEED to go thru anything legal. All I have to do is write all institutions (banks, SSS, DFA, etc) of my intention and attach my ex-husband's death certificate.

Which of the 2 lawyers should I believe?

2Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:22 pm

attyLLL

lawyer 2. the dfa may require, aside from the death certificate, an affidavit explaining why you are changing your name.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Ms Magoo

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much! This is such good news for me.

4Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Maya

Arresto Menor

I am six years separated to my husband since 2005 and we are married with one daughter. I am currently working in Dubai together with my daughter under my sponsorship and in my passport and other documents information I am using my last name as my husband's surname. My question now are, can I use and change my passport and other document's details as per my surname when I was still single? What action should I take if this is possible to be done? Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Maya

5Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:16 pm

attyLLL

yes, you can use your maiden name, but you cannot compel the dfa to issue you a new passport with a new name. the dfa will not allow it.

6Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Maya

Arresto Menor

What if I will convert my religion from Catholic to Muslim, is this legally accepted by our law to marry in a Muslim rights even my last marriage in Catholic is still not annulled?

7Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Maya

Arresto Menor

Thank you by the way for your reply to my previous email. I truly appreciate your answer.

8Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Tue May 10, 2011 7:36 pm

sllegado

Arresto Menor

hi there...i am separated for 9 yrs...just 2 yrs ago, my ex hubby passed away..I have been out of the country using my passport as single..however for my other docs, I have used his surname..how will i revert my SSS and other docs into my maiden's name..I really dont know where to start..pls..help me with this...

9Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Tue May 10, 2011 11:00 pm

attyLLL

for sss and other docs, they will ask you to present the death certificate.

10Revert to Maiden Name Empty revert to maiden name Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 am

manjo

Arresto Menor

hi, i got seperated since 2006. i want to revert my maiden name (SSS, BIR, BANKS, everything) can i do that? and how can i do that? what are the process for it? and we dont have communication since then, will it make the marriage void? thank you so much!

11Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:13 am

claire2000

Arresto Menor

Hi,
I just want to ask question, i was married but separated 5 years ago, but my previous employer changed the status of my SSS and PHIC into married status and change my last name into my ex-husband's surname. But my voter's ID remain with my maiden name. And i will be graduating next year and using my last name in single. Is possible to change my last name in SSS and PHIC into my maiden name since we are now separated for 5 years?

Thank you,hope you can help me on this.

12Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

You are just separated not annuled so hindi mo pa rin mai revert ang single name mo! kailangang ma annuled muna ang kasal mo bago mo magamit ulit ang single name mo!

13Revert to Maiden Name Empty changing my surname to my maiden name... Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:41 am

Palos09

Arresto Menor

hello...simple question...just wanna ask..i filed for divorce here in canada..but still a filipino citizen..what should i do to remove my husband surname at putting back my last name when im still single?pls help..thank you...

14Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:25 am

herazeus

Arresto Menor

Hi, im married but me and my husband parted ways 4yrs ago.im planning to get a passport. Is it okay if i will use my maiden name and declare single?

15Revert to Maiden Name Empty Re: Revert to Maiden Name Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:18 am

monaliza_88

Arresto Menor

hi, I was married abroad and when I check with nso my marriage was not reported here, and I do not have a copy anymore of the necessary marriage document just my passport using his suranme, Iam not living with him for the past 8 years,I want to revert to my maiden name for my passport. how can i do that? what are the process for it? and we dont have communication since then, will it make the marriage void? thank you so much!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum