Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

property title as single, then married with no prenuptial, is the property still part of conjugal?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

freelander

Arresto Menor

i have a property with a title under my name and as single...
im then married but no prenuptial...

our marriage is not going right and may lead to separation...

1. is the property part of conjugal?
2. is there something i can do now (workaround) so that the property will still be mine exclusively say after separation?
3. can i execute a deed of sale say to someone without the signature of my wife since the title is as "single" ?

thank you for your help

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

When did you marry? Is it after the effectivity of the Family Code? (Aug. 3, 1988)

1. If yes, then the property is part of the community property - sa inyo pareho
2. When you file for legal separation, the property regime will be dissolved and the properties will be liquidated, equally between the husband and wife.
3. Should you decide to sell your property without your wife's consent (since the title reflects your former single status and the DOAS will have you as single), and your wife later on files a petition in court to annul the sale, her case will prosper.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum