Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DILG Memorandum Circular 2017-23 Illegal imposition of LGU fees and taxes, what does it cover?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bryan_mmx

Arresto Menor

Good day

I have been looking around the net for this topic but it seems like it's barely talked about. I'm in a small enterprise. Lately I've been dealing with delivery problems, stickers to be exact. For some reason, starting September, these LGUs started again imposing fines on delivery vans without stickers. Meaning, we are to acquire stickers from specific LGU before we can do delivery. But according to DILG Memorandum last Feb, collecting tax (by acquiring the stickers) are deemed illegal, yet when we present the memorandum to the local traffic enforcer, they do not honor it. I have since complain to DILG about a month ago and I have yet to see any progress because they keep telling me that it has been endorsed only.

My problem is, if I insist on the DILG memorandum and let the driver get apprehended, (1) they would waste one day to retrieve the license and pay a hefty 2000 fine and not entirely sure if it will be refunded if DILG acts on my case and (2) the driver would incur a record that when renewal comes, he might have to attend seminar/class due to his record.
And if I just ignore the DILG memorandum and just buy the stickers, then my van's windshield would be covered with stickers from different LGUs.

So, which is which?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum