Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annotation on my Marriage Contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1contract - Annotation on my Marriage Contract Empty Annotation on my Marriage Contract Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:50 pm

ruthmariemijares

Arresto Menor

My ex-husband and I got married here in the Philippines in 1983 and got a finality of our divorce on August 2012 in Vancouver, Canada. We became Canadian citizens in 1999.

I am holding a dual citizenship and is currently back here in the Philippines. I purchased a piece of land in Batangas, fully paid but when I asked for the transfer of title, I was told that I need o have my marriage contract be annotated before they can issue the title to my name. I submitted all the legal documents, including the annotation from the Philippine Embassy in Canada, SPA from my ex-husband but was told that this is not good enough. Is this correct or will the documents that I have will suffice? To have an annotation on my marriage contract (on the finality of the divorce) will cost me an arm and a leg Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I also purchased a condo unit and declared that I am divorced - I was told by the bank (as I was approved for a loan) that I also need to have my marriage contract annotated. Please help and advise. Thank you very much

2contract - Annotation on my Marriage Contract Empty Re: Annotation on my Marriage Contract Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

You have to file a petition in the Philippines for the recognition of a foreign divorce. Technically, your status is still married in the eyes of Philippine law.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum