Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Assistance in Withdrawal/Pursuit of Property Purchase

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

InDoubt

Arresto Menor

I am here working abroad when I was presented with an opportunity by my relatives to buy a parcel of land.  Thru my sister we agreed & paid 50% and the balance once title is transferred.  The transaction is worth Php1.2M.  Stupid of me that I entrusted the transaction without proper research.  Now I am faced with dilemmas to withdraw or pursue the sale:
The land is being sold by (1) son of the deceased parents.  Title was not yet transferred to the children so it is still in the name of parents.  Not sure if the son has SPA from parents before they died.  The deed of sale is being made in the name of deceased parents and they will make it to show like it was done when they were still alive.  How?  That I am not sure.  However the son says they will process everything and will just give us the title once it is done.  
Questions:
1.  It will be 2 years this coming Feb. 2018 that the transfer was initiated.  How long does it take to make the transfer?
2.  How & where can we check about the progress of this transfer?
3.  What problems am I going to face in the future if this transaction pushed thru?
3.  If I withdraw now while the transfer is being processed (assuming they actually are) can I still recover my downpayment?  Can they deduct from my payment whatever expenses & taxes they incurred even if they have already benefited or earned from the money I paid?  Do I have any recourse if they refuse to pay or pay only an amount by deducting the so called expenses/taxes they incurred?  

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

transfering of title process should not reach 2 years. It can even be done in less than three months time.

JRemodo

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your reply Karl. Can you also advise on my succeeding questions?

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

When you get here, better if you know the process of having it transferred to you. You may try this, hope it helps. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/land-titles-property-dealings

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum