Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bond for Contractual Employees

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bond - Bond for Contractual Employees Empty Bond for Contractual Employees Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:29 pm

RE2002

Arresto Menor

Good day!
I would like to seek legal advice. I am a contractual employee in a company for more than 10 years. I have informed my intent to resign effective in a few months. My main issue is that we were asked to sign, along with my colleagues who are also contractual employees, a bond stating that for the training we underwent, we have to stay with the company for 2 years. We will be paying an amount if we will be resigning prematurely. I signed the contract against my will. I stayed with this company as a contractual employee because I want to be able to resign freely. These along with other conditions were stated in the contract we signed. Would I be able to resign without paying the bond, that is, will the company have a strong case should they file a case against me given that I am not a regular employee? I don't receive pay slips nor do I have any benefits from the company. I know I can leave anytime but I don't want any legal issue with the company.

2bond - Bond for Contractual Employees Empty Re: Bond for Contractual Employees Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:12 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

by benefits do you mean SSS and philhealth etc? you can file a complaint for that but that doesnt negate your liability for breaking the contract. the company has a strong case against you. i would try and negotiate a lesser price that both parties can live with

3bond - Bond for Contractual Employees Empty Re: Bond for Contractual Employees Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:03 am

RE2002

Arresto Menor

May I know what to expect in a binding contract? I am not quite sure if what I signed is indeed a contract. My immediate concern is the bond that they are requiring me to pay if I prematurely resign.

4bond - Bond for Contractual Employees Empty Re: Bond for Contractual Employees Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:04 am

RE2002

Arresto Menor

Sorry but I meant if I resign.

5bond - Bond for Contractual Employees Empty Re: Bond for Contractual Employees Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

all contracts are binding as long as both parties agrees to it. If you sign the contract, you agreed to it and should honor what is stated there. If you resign, then you are bound to pay the bond

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum