Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Copyright and Fair Use

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Copyright and Fair Use Empty Copyright and Fair Use Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:06 am

1teach

Arresto Menor

Hello, there!

I'm a teacher and I'd like to put up an online course to sell to students.
The focus would be English for beginners. Part of the course's goals is for the students to understand English movies without the subtitle of their own language.  
I'd like to add 10-15 seconds of Youtube movie clips for students to understand English native speakers in different situations. My problem lies with the copyright and fair use. For a long time, I've researched on this, but I couldn't find a concrete answer. Upon understanding it,  Fair Use says that I could use videos for educational purposes and if it's beneficial to the owner. A downside is that I'm going to use it for commercial purposes.  
I asked permission from these Youtube channel owners ( such as Fandango ) but they haven't answered for months.
The platform wherein I would put my course says that they don't give advice on this one and they won't remove what I put on my course.
I also asked a lawyer from the USA and he said that I should ask advice from my country and this is why I post a topic here.

Thank you for reading this far.
Have a great day!

2Copyright and Fair Use Empty Re: Copyright and Fair Use Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:28 am

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Economically benefitting from the work of another even with the proper citation might be considered a violation of fair use.

3Copyright and Fair Use Empty Re: Copyright and Fair Use Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:48 pm

LeifAlturz28

Arresto Menor

Question:
Example, there is a textbook protected by a copyright, I answer all the questions in the exercises at the end of each chapter. Then I compile all my answer into a book highlighting that this is the answer to all questions in that textbook, then I publish it.
Am I violating a copyright?

Thank you very much!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum