Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Simulation of Birth

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Simulation of Birth Empty Simulation of Birth Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:28 pm

Xynic

Arresto Menor

I only have one (1) authenticated birth certificate issued by the NSO with all the information I used throughout my years. This BC was a late registry. Holding on to this like it's life and death!  Razz

I recently found out that I can no longer request that specific BC because I have another BC registered, so they cancelled out my late registered BC.

Red = "wrong" info
Green = "correct" info

"Original" Birth Certificate (PSA) vs "Late Registered" BC (NSO)

• Name: First name is missing 2nd name;
    different middle name;
    Same last name

• Birthdate: Same

• Birthplace: "A" City Hospital ("B" City, home birth)

• Father's Name: Wrong spelling first and middle name; Same last name; different occupation

• Mother's Name Wrong spelling first name;
    different maiden name; different occupation

I'm 21 years old now (if that is relevant). I'm working and I currently live with my parents and my younger sibling (their biological child). They are aware of this issue, but they always dodge my queries. I've heard that my parents are planning to change my birthdate, but I don't know the exact details. As much as possible I want this resolved legally, especially after knowing that the house recently approved the bill to rectify simulated birth records. But if there's a "way around" without having to change my birthdate, then I'd be more than happy to hear about it.

What can I do? Undergoing the process of adoption, how long does it usually take and the cost? Do I have to meet my biological parents (I think my biological father passed already; he is a relative of my current father) even if I am of legal age?

I've long known that I was adopted, but I didn't mind because I know my current parents genuinely love me. They have (and still do) supported me like I was their own child. I am now working as a professional and it's all thanks to them Smile.

Thank you so much! Very Happy

2Simulation of Birth Empty Re: Simulation of Birth Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Well, the bill has not yet passed into law. Maybe you should wait until then.

There is criminal liability for simulation of birth at present because it appears that the five-year amnesty period from the effectivity of the Domestic Adoption Act lapsed in 2003.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum