Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spousal and Child Support from Estranged Husband

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

misslouise

Arresto Menor

Good day!

My mother has been married for 36 years. from 1988 to current, my father has been living abroad and have only gotten back for a quick visit 3 times.

9 years ago to present, my father decided not to communicate with us anymore, no calls, letters and emails. No way to get in touch with him. We do have communication with his siblings but whenever we ask where he is they cannot provide an answer.

Since 2015 his monthly support was cut and no one can tell us the reason why.

Is there a possibility that we ask for spousal support from him in written agreed form via his siblings? My worry is that the law in PH is not accepted or practiced in the US.

Please advice on what action to make.

PS: father is a greencard holder using a different name, he started as a "TNT" in the US.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

based on the information you have provided, since he is living abroad, it will be difficult on your part to compel him to comply with the laws of the Philippines. even if you have a case against him, as long as he is not in the Philippines, there is nothing that can be done to force him to face his obligations.

your mother can try sending a demand letter to your father and if he does not comply file the appropriate case. however, as stated above, he needs to be in Philippine jurisdiction in order to execute the courts verdict. there is no extradition for this type of case.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum