Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is filing an "ESTAFA Case" possible?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is filing an "ESTAFA Case" possible? Empty Is filing an "ESTAFA Case" possible? Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 pm

svaldez

Arresto Menor

My wife set-up a sole proprietorship business which she registered last 2009. The company where I was employed closed June 2009 and we used my separation pay for the business.

We went into supplying packaging materials and tools. A customer was needing urgently a tool so I looked at the internet and was able to get a supplier abroad with a Philippine office .
I facilitated the tools to be demoed to our customer and it passed.The supplier gave us their resellers price and I made some marked-up for our profit. Mark-up was USD$ 320 in total. But after the customer paid them lst Aug 2010, the supplier did not gave what was due for us. I kept on following up the Phillippine office but they told me that it is their Singapore office that will release it. The Singaporean , the Philippine representative and me had a meeting last Nov 2010 and told me that their books were already closed and they are not releasing anymore ommissions. They also said that the customer we supplied was already their existing customer so no commissions shall be released. Instead they offer me that they will just gave me their small customers here in the Phils. I told it to my wife and she disagreed. I then told the Phil representative that we are not agreeing to their proposal and demanded what is due for us. Up to this date, we never received any word from them.

Can we file a criminal case of estafa? The amount was small but the time and the , stress it brought to us ay di po mababayaran. Please advice.

Note: All the transaction details are still in our email inbox.

2Is filing an "ESTAFA Case" possible? Empty Re: Is filing an "ESTAFA Case" possible? Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:08 pm

attyLLL

i would think this is more a civil case than a criminal one. i recommend you explore the rules on small claims at sc.judiciary.gov.ph

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum