Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Promotion and Relocation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Promotion and Relocation Empty Promotion and Relocation Fri May 12, 2017 11:36 am

aguantaldd

Arresto Menor

Hi Good Morning,

I just  wan't to consult my current situation of my employment status, and should there be any legal actions that i may do.

I  previously an employee of a property management as a property engineer within Cebu last 2016 2016. After a 1 year, January 2017, i was offered by my boss and talked to me about a promotion as property manager but it will be for Iloilo. Who am I to decline such opportunity, so i confirm to my boss that i am willing and up to the challenges, although i will be relocated in other place. By February 2017, we where pooled by the company president including those other that was offered that we are the candidates for such promotion, thus, i'm expecting that one of us will get the opportunity for iloilo. after a few days that month, our HR came to Cebu and called us candidates, but to my surprise we are all promoted but the thing is, i will be assigned to Iloilo, and they will stay in Cebu and get the promotion. Which is for me, it seems unfair that why did i not get to have a choice/option as well. But anyways, during that conference with the HR, is also the contract signing for promotion. I was caught off guard and yes i can say it is my fault on why did i signed the contract without contesting. The Contract was 6 months as interim-property manager, more like probationary. W/ this, our salary is still the same.

Thus, i take the the promotion as probationary and transferred here in Iloilo. By March 7, 2017. I assume property head position (Property Manager), and i am handling 3 buildings/properties. But my contract is for 1 property only, but my boss said that i will temporarily handle this other 1 property since no manager is hired yet and the other 1 will also be my property be handle. This verbal conversation is more like a gentleman's agreement, but again yes, i take up to the challenges.

So far i don't have any complains in my work even though how hard and challenging it is everyday. But, there comes a problem, i came to realize that the cost of living here is much more expensive rather than in Cebu, Thus, my food budget increase due to cost and also increase of amount of food needed of course due to work load. Now i start to email our HR and my Boss regarding my concern because my budget are getting tight due to cost of living here, also i'm sending also money to my parents. Health issues as well because i can't store and cook food in the staff house provided. My boarding here is free, which i am thankful, but definitely my salary can't compensate my daily needs physically and mentally. Although deeply express my situation here, requesting an allowance perhaps. But they response in a very technical way that i should tenure first the 6 months probationary before any demands will be considered.
Which i understand, but i can't believe how they response to my concern.

I expect that the company will give me at-least an relocation incentives as well but it seems they didn't have such benefits, although i mention this to my email. All i want is a Give and Take kind of situation, but it seems they don't want to engage that arrangement.

I can wait until 6 months will come, but i am concern of my welfare.

Need some legal advise if any,

Thanks,

2Promotion and Relocation Empty Re: Promotion and Relocation Fri May 12, 2017 2:06 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

you should have negotiated before signing the contract.

3Promotion and Relocation Empty Re: Promotion and Relocation Fri May 12, 2017 4:22 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

nothing u can do but resign. employer has not violated any laws

4Promotion and Relocation Empty Re: Promotion and Relocation Fri May 12, 2017 4:23 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

you can off course make requests but whether it will be granted will soley be the employer's discretion

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum