Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can we file charges against a father who changes his mind with the adoption?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Erinelle

Arresto Menor

Hello everyone. My case is this: A child upon his birth was given to us by an unmarried couple. No adoption papers were signed but with the help of the midwife, we were able to secure his birth certificate with our name as the baby's real parents. The baby is now 4 months old and is already baptised.

However the couple who gave the baby to us is now fighting over something (maybe because the father is jobless and just freeloading) and the woman is planning to leave him. The father is
now threatening to get back the baby from us.

My questions are:

1. Can we get compensation for the expenses accumulated with us taking care of the baby?

2. And can we sue the real father for the inconvenience he caused us?

PS. We don't have any problem with the real mother because she is my wife's sister.

Thanks in advance and God bless.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

This is a sticky situation if you brought this up through court as all the parties involve will be liable.

is the father of the child married to the mother? if not, the mother of the child has sole custody of the child and the father cannot demand the child to be returned to him.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum