Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overpayment of Salary

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Overpayment of Salary Empty Overpayment of Salary Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:58 am

ITEmployee

Arresto Menor

Good morning.

I received an email from my previous company requiring me to pay around 22,000 pesos as overpayment of my salary. The letter was dated Mar 13 and it says that I have to settle it in 10 days from the date indicated in the letter. I received an email from HR on March 15 only. So, it means I only have 8 days to settle it.

I tried reaching out to HR through email and phone but it seems they are too busy to even reply or answer the phone.

I don't mind paying the excess salary but I told HR in the email that I cannot pay it in the time frame that they required because I also have other obligations and budget constraint. I told her that I can pay it next month.

The 10th day of the supposed grace period in on Wed, Mar 22.

My concerns is that HR is not responding to the emails or phone calls therefore I do not know if they are okay with it or not.

I'm currently here overseas and this thing is adding to my stress.

Is it the company's right to demand the overpayment in a short period of time? What else can I do to avoid any case that they might file against me?

Thank you.

Regards,
OFW

2Overpayment of Salary Empty Re: Overpayment of Salary Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:15 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You have already done what you can to contact the HR office regarding your situation. We can only wait then for their reply.

You should try calling their office or using other means to contact them just to be sure that they have received your reply regarding the matter of overpayment. Furthermore, you may ask someone you trust to have your case followed up personally in the office of the company you have an issue with and have him receive any and all documents related to your case.

3Overpayment of Salary Empty Re: Overpayment of Salary Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:59 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes it is their right as it is their money. there is no way to avoid it except to pay the company back but dont worry even if they file a case and they win, you will be merly asked to pay back the amount plus maybe a small interest

4Overpayment of Salary Empty Re: Overpayment of Salary Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:31 pm

ITEmployee

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your reply. After couple of follow up emails today, I got the response from HR. They already agreed to my request without any interest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum