Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

adoption of relative

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1adoption - adoption of relative Empty adoption of relative Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:32 am

ilocanalady

Arresto Menor

We would like to adopt my wife's niece, age 15. She is in Philippines, we are in US. After adoption we would like to petition for her to come to US, with her natural  parents permission, still married. I am US, wife has dual citizenship. What would be proper procedure? And can we just have a lawyer perform complete procedure? Any cost estimates? Thank You.

2adoption - adoption of relative Empty Re: adoption of relative Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:14 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Since you are in the U.S., you can process the adoption of your wife's niece through the Inter-Country Adoption Board there. Kindly contact them for assistance and to know the fees they will charge.

Another option is to file a petition for adoption in the Philippines, but you and your wife may have to be physically present in the Philippines to testify in court and for the Social and Welfare Department's home study (observing and investigating the relationship between the child and you and your wife). For costs, you may email km@kgmlegal.ph.

Either way, the written consent of the natural parents to the adoption is required.

Best regards,

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum