Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reckless Imprudence resulting to Physical Injury

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

quemil

Arresto Menor

Hello, Good day.

I just want to ask an advice regarding the said court letter that my partner received. It happened last January 9 or 10th, about 9PM. My partner was driving a motorcycle running around 40-60kmph. When he saw a pedestrian trying to cross the street, so he tried to stop and so is the pedestrian from crossing.. when he is about to accelerate the ped also tried to cross. When the bike was almost near him he crossed the lane again and jump on the bike, where he's limit was only around 20-40kmph. So, my partner rushed him to the hospital and gave him a 3,000php for medical needs for the meantime as he needs to work that night. He was with the pedestrian/victim until 1AM. We have never missed contacting them asking for what they need or how was the results of the test.. however, we are receiving a response that everything is OK and they need more money to run another test due to kidney failure. But when we ask for a Dr's request, they couldn't show anything. The witness went to our house and ask for an additional money for hospital bills in which we have given them 6,000 (their bill was around 4K). We also asked for the victim's daily rate or his payslip for us to pay the days where he is unfit to work. But we didn't receive any response from them so, we stopped sending him a message as we thought everything was ok. We have tried to comply with the arrangement we have at the police station. However, this time we have received this message stating that we need to submit our evidence regarding the case and we only have 10 days to do so.

In addition, my partner is not wearing a helmet and has an expired license. The pedestrian didn't cross in the right place (4 lanes). Hospital records show that everything was clear or OK (CT scan and XRAY). Also, he was discharged on the 16th of January and had his medical certificate on the 24th which states he's unfit to work after 7 days of rest. Which is also a huge question from us.

We are just wondering what will be the worse scenario for this case. What are the chances we will win it or will this end to a settlement case? How much would a settlement be (minimum to max) as we are earning just enough for our expenses and/or pay our loans. Can charge the pedestrian of anything? Or what can we do? Immediate response is highly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by quemil on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added information)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum