Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adoption Matters for my Step-Daughter

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1adoption - Adoption Matters for my Step-Daughter Empty Adoption Matters for my Step-Daughter Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:03 am

RedTrix

Arresto Menor

Good day Attorneys,

Need advice din po on how to adopt my daughter in law galing sa naging partner ng misis ko noon. Paano po ba ang procedure? Para naman mabigyan ko din sya ng mga benefits pareho ng legitimate child namin (e.i., health cards, philhealth, and inheritance). Thank you!

2adoption - Adoption Matters for my Step-Daughter Empty Re: Adoption Matters for my Step-Daughter Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Daughter from a previous relationship ang tawag po doon.

Daughter-in-law ang tawag sa asawa ng anak mo.

Anyway, adopting the daughter of your wife from a previous relationship is done through court proceedings. There are documentary requirements and you will need a lawyer to file the petition for adoption in court.

If the biological father acknowledged the child (for example, the father signed on the birth certificate of the child), you and your wife have to obtain his written consent. There is a specific form to this, so a lawyer should assist you.

If the father did not acknowledge the child or was not named in the child's birth certificate of the child, the written consent is not needed.

If you need legal assistance, please send an email to km@kgmlegal.ph

Best regards,

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum