Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Performance Improvement Plan

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Performance Improvement Plan Empty Performance Improvement Plan Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:46 am

eboyeboy6

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would like to ask if Performance Improvement Plan is Legal in the Philippines. My current employer used this to terminate regular employess. All my batchmate, they were two, were terminated even though they were regular. They worked here for more than a year.

I was also worrying that it will happen to me and I will be the next subject for PIP. I am asking so I will know what to do if ever.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

2Performance Improvement Plan Empty Re: Performance Improvement Plan Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:50 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Last edited by lukekyle on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

3Performance Improvement Plan Empty Re: Performance Improvement Plan Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:56 am

eboyeboy6

Arresto Menor

They use it to terminate employees especially the regulars.  For example, your manager does not want you anymore.  She will create issue eventhough not valid just to terminate you.

Also, if ever they  will terminate you they will give  an option to resign immediately which is a force resignation.  Is it better to resign or to be terminated thiis way.    If resign, will separation pay still be given.  If terminated, will employee still get separation pay etc and COE.   Will the employee have a bad record thereafter.

4Performance Improvement Plan Empty Re: Performance Improvement Plan Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:20 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Last edited by lukekyle on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

5Performance Improvement Plan Empty Re: Performance Improvement Plan Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:21 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

resigned = no separation (COE will indicate resigned)
terminated with valid grounds = no separation (COE will indicate terminated)

6Performance Improvement Plan Empty Re: Performance Improvement Plan Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:28 am

eboyeboy6

Arresto Menor

what if you perform well but your superior does not want you in that case she will subject you to PIP for so you will be terminated.

7Performance Improvement Plan Empty Re: Performance Improvement Plan Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:30 am

eboyeboy6

Arresto Menor

for forced resignation should you get a separation pay

8Performance Improvement Plan Empty Re: Performance Improvement Plan Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if your performance is ok and they are forcing you to resign, do not resign, go to NLRC file a complaint.

9Performance Improvement Plan Empty Re: Performance Improvement Plan Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:01 pm

eboyeboy6

Arresto Menor

can I go to NLRC even though I am still connected to the company.  Like I am still not resign.  Can I go to NLRC as I know my team lead will do a plan to terminate me in any case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum