Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paternity testing and child support

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1support - Paternity testing and child support Empty Paternity testing and child support Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:58 am

Anj Banana

Anj Banana
Arresto Menor

Hi.

1. My child has no middle name, she is carrying my last name. Currently 5yo and her birh cert has "unknow" written as the fathers name .
2. My ex and I shared the expenses of my cs delivery. He gave 30k and I paid around 46k, then philhealth covered 19k. That is the first and last "child support" he provided.
3. My ex and daughter met once. They have a picture together but I know that doesnt prove anything. We had some conversation thru email before where he said she is his daughter but he already deleted the email address he used.
4. He is a manager of a telco company and my salary is around grade 24. He thing is, I am also supporting my family which makes my financial life hard.

How can I get financial support?

Our kid is now studying. I read somewhere that I should file a brgy case vs him but I dont hink its gonna be that easy as he lives in sto tomas batangas and I reside in calamba. Its near but still far???

Questions:
1.He does not respond to my fb msgs, should I seek help from his company? How would I go about it? How can I make him do a paternity test?

2. I am more than 100% sure he is the dad but since its not documented I need to prove it in writing. Once I am able to prove that he is the dad, what are my next steps?

I want him to help me out financially since may medical condition din ako. I am not even against visitations. Im not even mad at him. I just need his aid wih raising our kid.

May summary po ba kayo ng steps to take? And the amount required to do those things? Lastly, paano po ito makakaabot sa court? (If hindi siya makipagcooperate, may karapatan ba akong humingi talaga?)

Ty

2support - Paternity testing and child support Empty Re: Paternity testing and child support Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

"How can I make him do a paternity test?"
I BELIEVE YOU CAN'T demand such such order yourself, such have to come from a court or perhaps Barangay Captain order is enough.
Blood test can only prove who is NOT father.
DNA test is needed to prove who is father, when the father deny but such are expensive.

Can you prove he paid ?
You can try if barangay captain find your proves enough, or if a DNA test is needed,

It's allowed to file a case in barangay close to where the other part live.. You can chose to file a case in HIS home barangay too.
I would try in your home barangay first, but harder to call him to meeting from there.

3support - Paternity testing and child support Empty Re: Paternity testing and child support Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Anj Banana

Anj Banana
Arresto Menor

Thank you..

Another question though.. what will happen if he decline to do a paternity test? I am willing to spend for the DNA test coz I know if there's a case filed, if he is proven to be the father, then he would pay for everything, even the cost of the DNA testing.

If he declines to do a Pat test, is he already answerable sa law? and can I ask his office boss or hr dept for help?

Thank you.

4support - Paternity testing and child support Empty Re: Paternity testing and child support Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

You can't go to his boss and demand direct yourself,
but the barangay captain and courts have decision power.

5support - Paternity testing and child support Empty Re: Paternity testing and child support Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:57 pm

Anj Banana

Anj Banana
Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:You can't go to his boss and demand direct yourself,
but the barangay captain and courts have decision power.

Ah ok....

BTW.. he was separated from his wife when we had a child and his ex wife and me are now good friends, she even asked me if she can help with this...

may magagawa ba sya to expedite or somehow make him do a paternity test?

Sorry talaga. I just really need help.

Thanks.

6support - Paternity testing and child support Empty Re: Paternity testing and child support Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Anj Banana wrote: BTW.. he was separated from his wife when we had a child and his ex wife and me are now good friends, she even asked me if she can help with this...

Oh having sex with a separated is counted as a crime in the Philippines, so better not involve the wife so the barangay captain/court notice it Smile
but perhaps she can assist you to get in contact with the father to your child. Perhaps he prefer to agree he is father instead of needing to go to court and pay DNA test, when he understand you will file such case otherwice.

7support - Paternity testing and child support Empty Re: Paternity testing and child support Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:06 am

Anj Banana

Anj Banana
Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:
Anj Banana wrote: BTW.. he was separated from his wife when we had a child and his ex wife and me are now good friends, she even asked me if she can help with this...

Oh having sex with a separated is counted as a crime in the Philippines, so better not involve the wife so the barangay captain/court notice it   Smile

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

It's a complicated relationship I love you

Last question na to.. Im not so sure kase if I understood your last statement regarding who is gonna pay for the DNA test..

If the brgy captain orders to have a paternity test, kailangan ba sia ang magbabayad or ako?

8support - Paternity testing and child support Empty Re: Paternity testing and child support Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:02 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Anj Banana wrote: Last question na to.. Im not so sure kase if I understood your last statement regarding who is gonna pay for the DNA test..

If the brgy captain orders to have a paternity test, kailangan ba sia ang magbabayad or ako?
I don''t know.
I suppouse you will need to GUARANTEE it will be paid. I GUESS the barangay captain can decide the father have to pay because he denied.

At barangay captain and in small claims court each side pay own lawyers UNDEPENDING of who winn, so it's risk you can need to pay the DNA test even if you winn.
In court cases it's normal the loses pay the other side's costs too. But better hope you DON'T need to go that far, because such cost very much and take long time,
Ask for support for passed time too.

9support - Paternity testing and child support Empty Re: Paternity testing and child support Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:35 am

Anj Banana

Anj Banana
Arresto Menor

I didn't know that is gonna be so messy. Ang haba din pala ng process. bounce bounce bounce bounce

Thank you.

10support - Paternity testing and child support Empty Re: Paternity testing and child support Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:09 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Anj Banana wrote:I didn't know that is gonna be so messy. Ang haba din pala ng process. bounce bounce bounce bounce

Thank you.
Try first to get a volontay agreement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum