Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Custody

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1child - Child Custody  Empty Child Custody Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Gus22

Arresto Menor

Dear All,

Hi. I'm new to this forum and I have only joined to help a friend. My friend is a Filipina mother of 2 young boys. One is 7 yrs old and the other is 4yrs. She is currently working in Saudi Arabia as a house worker. She has recently split up with her husband because he cheated on her several times, he doesn't provide for her and her children and he is usually drunk and under the influence of drugs. She even found out that he did drugs in front of the children. So she wants to get full custody of her children, but she can't go and stay in the Philippines for as she is the only one that provides money for her children. So the question is can she raise this case in court without being present and could she win the case. Lastly how much are the typical costs for hiring a lawyer for this kind of case.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

2child - Child Custody  Empty Re: Child Custody Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:10 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

I just know a bit, so I hope someone else answer complete.

Hurry some, because as long as children are 7yo or younger, then it's almost automatic the mother get the custody. You will probably get it if the child is older too, because of the father's adict problems, but then that has to be proven.

I know Barangay Captains can handle SUPPORT cases, so you can check if he make custody decisions too. There it's normal to NOT have a lawyer. Ask a family member to represent you. Ask if the Barangaiy Captain agree to let you "be" at the meeting through Skype or such.

Make a LEGAL SEPARATION too, so your economies get separated from your husband's.

3child - Child Custody  Empty Re: Child Custody Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:43 pm

Gus22

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the advice

4child - Child Custody  Empty Re: Child Custody Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:12 pm

Gus22

Arresto Menor

My friend just came back from the Philippines. She told me that she hired a lawyer and she went to court. Apparently she said that her lawyer said that she has to be at every court hearing. The problem is that she had to go back to Saudi Arabia because she needs money for her kids. So she couldn't continue in court and she had to agree with her ex that he takes custody of her older son and she keeps custody of the younger one. Can she still get back custody of her older son even after she signed an agreement with her ex?

5child - Child Custody  Empty Re: Child Custody Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Gus22 wrote:My friend just came back from the Philippines. She told me that she hired a lawyer and she went to court. Apparently she said that her lawyer said that she has to be at every court hearing. The problem is that she had to go back to Saudi Arabia because she needs money for her kids. So she couldn't continue in court and she had to agree with her ex that he takes custody of her older son and she keeps custody of the younger one. Can she still get back custody of her older son even after she signed an agreement with her ex?
That would be much harder, because then they would have a contract and she would have to prove he has broken it or be very unsuitable as parent.

How about she try make the ex to agree to your friend has the custody of BOTH kids, but the ex has right to see the kids and have them living with him short periods?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum