Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NON-STOCK, FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION registration with SEC

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ersopman

Arresto Menor

Good day to our lawyers and members in this forum. I got a question.

Would it be possible to declare a trading corporation as "non-stock, for-profit" with SEC?

The corporation will function as a broker or 'middleman' between the supplier and its client being engaged in the oil industry. It will have five (5) members who are both the incorporators and directors of the corporation.

The corporation does not have any significant amount of capital to begin with and start a stock corporation. It will function similar to a "virtual company" without the need for renting office space.

The corporation intends to gather its initial capital through the monetary contributions of its members. It does not wish to start an IPO (Initial Public Offering) nor seek funds from external investors. It strictly wishes to keep ownership to its members.

Please let me know if it would be possible to declare a trading corporation as "non-stock, for-profit" as I think it is the most cost-efficient way in starting up a corporation.

Thank you.

attyLLL

there is no such thing as non-stock, for profit corporation.the closest thing to that will be a partnership.

i recommend a stock corporation, but it will entail annual compliance reports. if things go wrong, the stockholders cannot be easily sued in their individual capacity and their loss is limited to the value of their stocks.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum