Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about Training Bond

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bond - Question about Training Bond Empty Question about Training Bond Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Lionheart143

Arresto Menor

I have a question about the training bond. I have been with my company for one year now and during my tenure in the company, I never received any kind of formal training (like in the classroom setting)... More like on the job, hands-on-learning (I.E., watching others how to do the work and just asking questions if I do not understand anything).
After my one year in the company, I was finally sent to a formal training session (local) that lasted about 2 and a half months. Near the end of the training, the manager told us that we need to sign a 250K training bond (which I did not sign, BTW) for 2 years. My questions are:
1.) Can they terminate me for not signing the training bond?
2.) Can they force me to sign it even if I do not agree on the training bond? They are saying that even if I do not sign the papers, they will get a witness to sign on the paper indicating that I refused to sign it... It this legal?

Thanks in advance.   Smile

2bond - Question about Training Bond Empty Re: Question about Training Bond Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:18 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1.) Can they terminate me for not signing the training bond? - not because you refuse to sign it. They may try to find other reasons though.

2.) Can they force me to sign it even if I do not agree on the training bond? They are saying that even if I do not sign the papers, they will get a witness to sign on the paper indicating that I refused to sign it... It this legal? - this is legal in the sense that, it is to acknowledge that a copy was seen and received by you. This does not mean that are bound by the conditions written in the bond.

3bond - Question about Training Bond Empty Re: Question about Training Bond Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:32 pm

Lionheart143

Arresto Menor

Thanks lukekyle.

So by refusing to sign the training bond, even if they have a witness, I am not in anyway obligated to pay the 250k training bond amount in the very likely event that I resign from the company? What if they refuse to sign my resignation paper? Can I also ask a witness to sign on my resignation letter stating that they refused to sign it?

4bond - Question about Training Bond Empty Re: Question about Training Bond Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:40 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, sa resignation ang important thing is you have proof that you submitted it to them. So if you have a witness, its the same as having them receive it. Worse case scenario if you can't find a witness, registered mail is also a viable option

5bond - Question about Training Bond Empty Re: Question about Training Bond Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Lionheart143

Arresto Menor

Thanks lukekyle.

I have a relative who is also employed in the company (1st cousin). Is it ok if I make him/her a witness? Will that be taken against me? or him/her? (cousin).

6bond - Question about Training Bond Empty Re: Question about Training Bond Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:58 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Whether or not you are liable for that amount will be up to the court to decide if your employer will file a case.

But as long as wala kang pinarmahan medyo mahirapan sila. Any other proof that you agreed to the training bond (verbal or implied)? Pwede kasing sabihin na they told you the conditions and the fact that you proceeded with the training means you agreed.

7bond - Question about Training Bond Empty Re: Question about Training Bond Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:59 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

against the cousin. Dapat hindi pero syempre the company will view the cousins action as something done against their interests

8bond - Question about Training Bond Empty Re: Question about Training Bond Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:15 pm

Lionheart143

Arresto Menor

During the early parts of the training, they informed me that I have to sign some training agreements before the training is complete. I said ok (verbally) but I have no idea that it involves that kind of training bond.

9bond - Question about Training Bond Empty Re: Question about Training Bond Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Lionheart143

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:against the cousin.  Dapat hindi pero syempre the company will view the cousins action as something done against their interests

If that's the case, I think I will just use registered mail. Thanks for the advice. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum