Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much power can a Mayor have?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How much power can a Mayor have? Empty How much power can a Mayor have? Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:37 am

rosamka

Arresto Menor

Its the Mayor's Permit season. This year our local government decided that all employers and employees need a thorough health test including fecalysis and drug test. They recommend a private clinic and tests there can be done only on Saturday and Sunday (do not ask me why, but that alone is very fishy). We do not have hospitals nor a choice of clinics in our town even that we are a major tourist town, so options to do those tests are limited. but my questions is, are they really allowed to have the whole municipality do a drug test to obtain a Mayor's permit?

2How much power can a Mayor have? Empty Re: How much power can a Mayor have? Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:20 pm

attyLLL

are ALL business establishments have to get this health test? even those which may not necessarily have to do with food or health?

If so, then this is unreasonable. Unfortunately, someone will have to file a case in court to have it stopped if the mayor refuses to do so.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum