Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RECOMMENDATIONS on Acquisition of Land with Rights only [No Title]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Manny0521

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty./Sir,

Please give us advise on acquiring a land by rights with no title yet.
1) Is it okay to buy a land with no title but with rights only?
2) If yes, what are the things we need to check and need to obtain (e.g documents) for us to acquire the land legally?

Kindly advise. Maraming maraming salamat po.

Regards,
Manny

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

1. It's risky because you risk other hiers from generations back come and claim the property. If so that would include the buildings at the land (if there are no Lease contract).

2. Has the seller had it in family and paid property tax for it at least 10 years?
If Yes, they can apply to get the title, and you can put that as a condition for you buying it. =Put that at a "CONDITIONAL Deed of Sales" (if I remember the name corect.)
I recomend too you get document signed by all other known hiers telling that they agree. (I have forgot what the document is called.)

Manny0521

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:1. It's risky because you risk other hiers from generations back come and claim the property. If so that would include the buildings at the land (if there are no Lease contract).

2. Has the seller had it in family and paid property tax for it at least 10 years?
If Yes, they can apply to get the title, and you can put that as a condition for you buying it.  =Put that at a "CONDITIONAL Deed of Sales"  (if I remember the name corect.)
I recomend too you get document signed by all other known hiers telling that they agree. (I have forgot what the document is called.)

Thank you Sir Lunkan. lahat ng naka usap ko. Risky talaga. Salamat talaga.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Since I wrote that, I read it's possible to get it titled by the new owner too,
BUT it was written in an info site for a BROKER, perhaps they want to make buyers believe it's no problem Smile

=I don't know if such possibility is added after the law I talked about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum