Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loan take from bank but condo unit is not yet turn-over

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clintaugustin@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Badly needing help for consultation.

My loan was just take out from the bank last March 15 2016.I'll need to start paying amortization this April 15,2106 but developer was not able to turn-over the unit as they promised 1st quarter of 2016.

The new-turn-over date is December 2016. So I have to pay 8 months with-out unit.

Here are my questions:
1. Can I request the bank or developer that I not pay amortization unless the unit has been delivered.?

2. If question 1 is not possible can I request that I pay only the principal until the unit has not been deliver.?

3. Please advise other possible options to mitigate this type of loss on my side.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Why have the DEVELOPER get paid (=Your loan from the bank)??? They haven't delivered as agreed...

How come the bank agreed to pay pit the loan??? Normaly they DEMAND the unit is (close to) ready...

1 + 2. Is the bank PARTNER with the developer?
If No, then you have to fullfil your deal with them, IF they aren't kind and agree to change it.
BUT haven't they paid the money allready to the developer? If Yes, then you can't expect they agree to any change, if they don't get their money back, except perhaps only pay the interest a while. Ask your bank.

3. What does your contract with the Developer say about punishments for delay? I guess the developer haven't promised to pay anything, perhaps even have a paragraph saying he don't need to... Sad
I don't know if the Philippines have any law protecting you if the contract writer make an UNFAIR contract...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum