Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Promised salary not given

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Promised salary not given Empty Promised salary not given Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:40 pm

SUPERHOPELESS

Arresto Menor

I wish to write in tagalog please bear with me.

Nakipag joint venture ang company ko sa isang foreign company. Sa joint venture, I was hired as project manager february 1. salary ko daw ay 40k. Lahat yan ay verbal agreement lang po. Pero pinapirma nila ako ng company bond agreement. Natapos ang training ko for 5 weeks. Pero hanggang ngayon yung lumang salary ko ang natatanggap ko. Sabi ng company ko sabi daw ng board ng foreign company, april 1 na daw ang start ng new salary ko dahil nagbenefit daw ako sa training na yun at sila daw ang Gumastos. Wala akong written contract for salary increase. Kaya ko ba habulin? Or hopeless na ako? Salamat po.

2Promised salary not given Empty Re: Promised salary not given Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:29 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Anong basis mo for salary increase? Yung verbal agreement niyo? Paano kung i-deny nila na my agreement na ganun?

3Promised salary not given Empty Re: Promised salary not given Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:16 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Although the New Civil Code effectively states that verbal agreements have "the same force and effect as that of a written contract", it is hard to prove such existence come court proceedings since it will be a battle of testimonies between opposing parties and witnesses. That is why it is always sound business practice to have everything documented on paper so that there will be physical evidence of the agreement's existence which is not merely dependent upon hearsays.

Right now, the best thing to do is to secure a written agreement from your supervisors regarding the increase of your current salary and WHEN it will be applied. Have their name and signatures on said document so that there will be accountability in the future. You may contest the previous months wherein your salary was not adjusted, but it will be a hard legal battle to win since it will be dependent on the evidences you have that will support your claim.

Although the Labor Code has a provision that "any doubt should be construed in favor of labor", that is not always the case especially if the employer has more compelling evidence that does not give any doubt to their claims.

I hope that my recommendation will somehow be a good alternative for you right now, in lieu of actual legal advice from a real lawyer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum