Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Process of selling land that belongs to deceased father

+3
mikoy18
centro
EljohnC.
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

EljohnC.

Arresto Menor

My Mom and her siblings agreed on selling one of the lands my deceased grandfather owned.The land title is still named to my late grandfather. I have been appointed to oversee the selling of the property. And I understand we need to file for extrajudicial settlement of real estate, however 3 of my mom's siblings are currently living in the United States. I guess I know what has to be done, well basically, but I don't know where and how to start. I wanted to find out first if there are ways around that can help us minimize the expenses and the time to process everything. Also one question is if it's still necessary to transfer the title to one of my grandfather's children if we plan on selling it anyway? I'm hoping you could share or suggest the best ways we can consider doing to be able to sell the property. Thanks in advance.

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Basic steps checklist:
From tax perspective. Zonal value is current. Estate tax is paid. Real property tax payment is current. Updated survey if needed. In case of transfer to heirs, capital gains tax. In case of sale to another party, capital gains tax.
Documentation. Clean title registered with the Register of Deeds and Land Registration Authority with owners' name. EJS, authenticated with ribbon for those abroad. Published EJS in a national paper. SPA for authorized seller authenticated for those abroad. Deed of sale.

For the workaround, the principle I am aware of is since the owner is deceased, the ownership is with the rightful heirs. Consent of the heirs must be established before the next steps. I do not know if the the 3 siblings waiving their rights to one can save time and cost as it requires going through the sames steps in the documentation. Donation is one option also. Perhaps there are other ideas.

mikoy18

Arresto Menor

ask ko lang po:
May pinamana po na lupa sa tatay ko yong tita nya na umampon sa kanya,dalawang titulopo yong pinagawa nong tita nya,ung isa po pinamana nya ung lupa sa tatay ko,at yong isa po nabili ng tatay ko yong lupa sa kanya.
pareho na pong patay ang tatay ko at yong tita nya na ngampon sa kanya.ngayon po sabi nong kapatid ng tatay ko nagbpunta daw po cia sa registry of deeds at ang nakapangalan pa daw po dun eh yong pangalan nong nagampon sa tatay ko,pero daw po sa accessors office sa tax declaration daw po ang tatay ko na ang nakapangalan.

Gusto po ng mga kapatid ko ibenta na yong lupa,ano po ba ang kailangan naming gawin?

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

mikoy18 wrote:ask ko lang po:
May pinamana po na lupa sa tatay ko yong tita nya na umampon sa kanya,dalawang titulopo yong pinagawa nong tita nya,ung isa po pinamana nya ung lupa sa tatay ko,at yong isa po nabili ng tatay ko yong lupa sa kanya.
pareho na pong patay ang tatay ko at yong tita nya na ngampon sa kanya.ngayon po sabi nong kapatid ng tatay ko nagbpunta daw po cia sa registry of deeds at ang nakapangalan pa daw po dun eh yong pangalan nong nagampon sa tatay ko,pero daw po sa accessors office sa tax declaration daw po ang tatay ko na ang nakapangalan.

Gusto po ng mga kapatid ko ibenta na yong lupa,ano po ba ang kailangan naming gawin?

Pamana ng pumanaw na Tita, pag walang last will at testament, mapupunta sa legal na asawa at mga anak. Mayroon ba at buhay pa ba?
Pamana ng Tatay na pumanaw na, pag walang last will at testament, mapupunta sa legal na asawa at mga anak. Buhay pa ba si Nanay? Ilan kayong magkakapatid? Legimitate at illegitimate?

Pagnaklaro na, unang hakbang sa tingin ko, ayusin ang rekord sa Registry of Deeds sa pamamagitan ng Extra Judicial Settlement, tapos ayusin ang estate tax etc.

mikoy18

Arresto Menor

wala pong asawa yong tita na nagpamana sa tatay ko matandang dalaga po cia.
buhay pa po ang nanay ko,tatlo po kaming magkakapatid.

mikoy18

Arresto Menor

centro wrote:
mikoy18 wrote:ask ko lang po:

Pamana ng pumanaw na Tita, pag walang last will at testament, mapupunta sa legal na asawa at mga anak. Mayroon ba at buhay pa ba?
Pamana ng Tatay na pumanaw na, pag walang last will at testament, mapupunta sa legal na asawa at mga anak. Buhay pa ba si Nanay? Ilan kayong magkakapatid? Legimitate at illegitimate?

Pagnaklaro na, unang hakbang sa tingin ko, ayusin ang rekord sa Registry of Deeds sa pamamagitan ng Extra Judicial Settlement, tapos ayusin ang estate tax etc.

Wala pong asawa ang tita na nagpamana sa tatay ko matandang dalaga po cia.

opo buhay pa po ang nanay ko at tatlo po kaming magkakapatid.

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Dahil ang Tita ay umampon sa Tatay, verify mo ang legal recognition ng Tita at Tatay.
Kung established na ito, kailangan malink ang pagmana ng Tita sa Tatay at Tatay kay Nanay at tatlong magkakapatid. May ruling din ang paghahati ng Nanay at mga Kapatid.
Opinion lang po ito. Kailangan nakalatag lahat ng documento at impormasyon.

mikoy18

Arresto Menor

centro wrote:Dahil ang Tita ay umampon sa Tatay, verify mo ang legal recognition ng Tita at Tatay.
Kung established na ito, kailangan malink ang pagmana ng Tita sa Tatay at Tatay kay Nanay at tatlong magkakapatid. May ruling din ang paghahati ng Nanay at mga Kapatid.
Opinion lang po ito. Kailangan nakalatag lahat ng documento at impormasyon.

Wala naman po legal documents na inampon nga po ng tita nya si tatay parang verbal agreement lang po mula sa mga magulang ni tatay at ung tita na aamponin nya si tatay..tpos nga po kay tatay pinamana ung mga lupa nong tita nya.pero dalawa po ung titulo na pinagwa isang binili ni tatay yong lupa at isang pinamana nya kay tatay,

pelletzky

Arresto Menor

My husband died 10 years ago, leaving me with 4 children whom I brought up alone since his demise. My eldest is now married with a child, the other three are still in school.

During the course of our marriage, my husband and I acquire two separate properties. The first, our residence  is entitled under "spouses ...." , the second, a small farmland is entitled to "him married to me". Due to financial constraints, I have not settled any of our many tax problems with these properties, and I've been offering both for sale for several years.

Now, I finally have a down payment for my first property, and I intend to payoff all my tax obligations, then start a small business after I receive the full payment.

The problem is, my eldest - the married daughter, is now demanding I give her her share of inheritance from the sale. Am I obligated to do so? (Of course I'm willing to give her something, but her inheritance? now?) If so, am I also obligated to partake for the other 3 kids I'm still sending to school right now? How much are our legal shares? Must I include each one of them in the contract of sale? Will this be the same when I sell the other property under my husband's name? This is now causing a rift between me and my daughter, please HELP!

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

pelletzky wrote: The problem is, my eldest - the married daughter, is now demanding I give her her share of inheritance from the sale. Am I obligated to do so? (Of course I'm willing to give her something, but her inheritance? now?) If so, am I also obligated to partake for the other 3 kids I'm still sending to school right now? How much are our legal shares? Must I include each one of them in the contract of sale? Will this be the same when I sell the other property under my husband's name? This is now causing a rift between me and my daughter, please HELP!
She have right to the inheritance from her father.. When your husband died, the children inherited 1/10 each, so you have 6/10.

NOTE! The eldest have right to 1/10 of what's LEFT after all taxes are paid.
The taxes for the property have to be paid anyway before the title can be transfered to the new owner.

Are any of your other children grown up?
Some simplified - After they are 18 yo, you don't have to support them anymore.
I don't know, but I suppouse their education after that can be financed by THEIR 1/10s inheritance, but then they have right to chose themselves if take from their inheritance, or some other solution - but they don't have right to demand you pay it Smile

marlon franz

Arresto Menor

good day. may minana po kasing lupa ang tatay ko mula sa magulang nya at nung binenta na po nmin nahirapan kami kasi OCT plang at ndi updated ang tax. nung may nag offer po samin na aayusin ang papel at tama naman po sa presyo namin pumayag na kami. ginawa pong subdivision yung lupa namin na binenta sa CMP (community mortgage program). ang sabi po nila within 1 year mbabayaran na kami. pero lampas 1 year na po ay ndi parin kami nababayran. kapg tinatawagan nmn namin sila ndi sumasagot. ano po pwede naming gawin?

pelletzky

Arresto Menor

NOTE!  The eldest have right to 1/10 of what's LEFT after all taxes are paid.  
The taxes for the property have to be paid anyway before the title can be transfered to the new owner.

I-clear ko lang po, di ba kailangan ko muna mabayaran lahat ng tax deficiencies namin sa lahat ng properties ng namatay kong asawa (hindi lang ng taxes ng ibinentang property), then, saka pa lang hahatiin ang matitira sa akin at sa mga anak ko?

Pwede ko po ba ibawas sa paghahatian ang previous na ibinayad ko sa amelyar (I remember now, I paid for 1 year of amelyar just after my husband's passing, and I loaned it from a credit card and paid for it for two years)

Kung buhay po ba ang asawa ko, at nagbenta kami ng property, di ba wala kaming obligasyon na bigyan from the sale ang mga adult na anak namin - unless from our own goodwill.

Legal po ba ang pag-"disinherit" sa suwail na anak? Or is it their birthright no matter what.

Salamat po.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

medyo mahaba ang explanation.

All or total property (kasama ang cash at lahat ng pag-aari nyong mag-asawa). Dito sa total property 50% ay sayo. Hindi ito pinamana sayo ng iyong asawa, sayo talaga ito. Dun sa natitirang 50%, yan ay estate ng iyong asawa. Ang estate ay may mga liabalities or pagkakautang. mga taxes, loans etc. After bayaran lahat ng pagkakautang ng estate, iyan ang paghahatian nyo ng iyong mga anak. kung isa lang ang anak mo. 50-50 kayo. if tatlo ang anak mo, 25-25-25-25 kayo.

Hindi mo pwedeng i-disinherit ang anak mo unless
1. pinagtankaan nya ang buhay mo
2. If inakusahan ka nya ng walang batayan ng isang krimen
3. kung sya ay nakiapid sa iyong asawa
4. kapag ni maltrato ka niya

Kapag buhay pa kyong mag asawa hindi kelangan bigyan ang anak

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

(My Tagalog is bad.)
@marlon franz
Sorry I don't understand enough to answer you.

@pelletzky
There are two types of taxes/fees.
/Property tax.
Such need to be fully paid to change owner at TITLE.
And if it isn't paid, it's some risk the barangay/municipaly take it if the tax isn't paid many years, but that's uncommon.
/Inherit.
If it isn't paid BIR can be grumpy Smile and they add punishment fees for delays.

As lukejyle say, although I don't understand if he told these parts:
As soon as one parent has DIED, the children have right to their share of the NET value of assets.

The share to the bad behaving child can't be reduced to nothing because of that, but the share can be REDUCED, but to that would a WILL had been needed = Signed by the DEAD person. So you can reduce the inheritance to that child of YOUR share, when YOU die, by you write a will.
I don't remember how much, but my VAGUE memory say it can be reduced to around half of what it had been otherwice in your case. But my vague memory can be wrong Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum