Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1support - CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Empty CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:55 pm

slaymore15

Arresto Menor

I'm a Single Man working in abroad and I have a daugther with my exgirlfriend. My daughter uses my surname.

Every month I'm sending her the amount of 10,000 - 14,000.

Now My exgirlfriend demands me for 60% of my salary here for my daughter's financial support. Because she is complaining that I'm not sending my Daughter the right amount of support.

Questions:

1. Is this even possible? Example I'm earning 50,000 per month.

2. In this case wherein she uses my daughter to get money from me how can I defend myself against this abuse?

I answered the demand letter already that I cannot give the amount she is asking me. I hope you can give me some advise regarding this case.

Last edited by slaymore15 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

2support - CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Empty Re: CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:27 pm

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

Send what ur budget can. Ignore the letter that id useless. Support depends on ur capability and the child needs . no exact amount.

3support - CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Empty Re: CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:45 pm

slaymore15

Arresto Menor

My exgirlfriend doesn't have work right now.
Another question is that do I have the rights to decide where my daughter should study?

4support - CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Empty Re: CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

"Every month I'm sending her the amount of 10,000 - 14,000.

Now My exgirlfriend demands me for 60% of my salary here for my daughter's financial support. Because she is complaining that I'm not sending my Daughter the right amount of support."
Sad Sure NOT as much as 60 %. (Perhaps it could have been such if you had been married, so the support had been to the mother too, but now it isn't.)

BOTH parents are suppoused to support the child.

"2. In this case wherein she uses my daughter to get money from me how can I defend myself against this abuse? "
Sure.
Ex girlfriends are NOT entitled to support for HERSELF. Smile as many try.
You can just refuse to pay more than the corect amount. Plus see what I write about school fee.

"Another question is that do I have the rights to decide where my daughter should study?"
The mother have the custody so you don't have such right,
BUT you can negotiate about it , and have it as condition IF you decide to pay more than normal, which you seem to do now. (I know of a Filipino 14 persons family, who live of LESS than you send to your daughter...)
You can chose to pay such school DIRECT to avoid risking your ex snatch the money ment for school Smile

5support - CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Empty Re: CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:57 am

slaymore15

Arresto Menor

Thank you for answering my questions. But I just want to clarify about the custody of my daughter my exgirlfriend is unemployed and my daughter is 7+ years old already do have the rights to for the custody of my daughter?. Where can I file for the custody of my daughter?

6support - CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Empty Re: CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:09 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

slaymore15 wrote:Thank you for answering my questions. But I just want to clarify about the custody of my daughter my exgirlfriend is unemployed and my daughter is 7+ years old already do have the rights to for the custody of my daughter?. Where can I file for the custody of my daughter?
You were not married, so No.

(To take the custody from a single mother, she need to be found not suit as a parent, and unemployed is NOT such reason. (And even if she would, it isn't sure it would be you who get it.)

I don't know the mother, so I don't know how she would react, but I believe you better NOT try to take the custody, because then it's big risk the mother try to stop you as much as possible to see your daighter. Better NEGOTIATE to get as much VISITATION as possible, The mother seem to like money,so perhaps the she like an offer where she will get SAME amount in support to the daughter also when the daughter visit you... Smile

7support - CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Empty Re: CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:53 pm

slaymore15

Arresto Menor

Ok, I see.
Another question; is it possible that my brothers and sisters to file a demand letter to me for support? I'm just thinking that if this is possible the amount I give to my daughter will be lessen or will remain the same.

8support - CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Empty Re: CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

slaymore15 wrote:Ok, I see.
Another question; is it possible that my brothers and sisters to file a demand letter to me for support? I'm just thinking that if this is possible the amount I give to my daughter will be lessen or will remain the same.
It's a question of your and the mother's capacity to support others. and if it become a legal case, then it depend of what the judge believe.
I don't know if children have priority over sibblings*. IF so you will LOSE by such document from your brothers and sisters, because then you have admited you have capacity to send them such amount Smile

*I don't know if there are any priority told by the law, but I know the law say you HAVE TO support under aged children (and wife when married, and old/disabled parents)
BUT concerning not old/disabled parents and sibblings you ONLY need to support them IF they have done their best to earn enough THEMSELVES. (The law is fuzzy though concerning up to which level.)

9support - CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Empty Re: CHILD SUPPORT FATHER SIDE Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:09 pm

gamaliel.patacsil

Arresto Menor

Question po. Im earning 29K net per month. Im sending my son 7K per month. nag rerent ako at iba pang utilities. nag dedemand ng mas malaki ung Ex-GF ko. gusto niang mag harap kmi sa korte. meron din akong mga monthly payment sa credit card. pwede bang isali sa expenses ung binabayaran ko sa credit card? if not?then paano nmn ako na hndi ko mbabayaran ung s credit card kung papayagan ng court na lakihan ung ibibigay ko?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum