Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Certificate of employment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Certificate of employment Empty Certificate of employment Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:43 am

chuckRN

Arresto Menor

hello everyone. i would just like to get your advice on my problem.

first of all, my name is charles, 25 y/o, and i am a registered nurse here in the philippines. i am currently working at a secondary private hospital here at tanauan city, batangas. i have been working in this institution for about 1 year and 3 months now, i started sept 1 of last year.

i was not really satisfied with how the owners run the institution as well as the treatment of the other employees towards each other. there is a lot of back stabbing happening here. and of course, the "sipsipan" attitude of the people.

so, i recently rendered my resignation, it was dated december 3, 2015 and i indicated in it that my last day of employment would be on december 31, 2015. when i had the medical director sign it, she really had no problems with it. but then i printed another copy and she said, she had an issue with the last date of my employment. it is a policy in this hospital that you should render your resignation about a month before the date you intend to leave.

the medical director told me that, if she signed my resignation letter, then they would not be giving me a certificate of employment.

are they allowed to hold back a certificate of employment? i found this article online indicating that they don't have the right to do so.

“Section 6, Rule XXIII, Book V, Rules Implementing the Labor Code of the Philippines” na nagsasaad ng mga sumusunod:

“SECTION 6. Certification of employment. — A dismissed worker shall be entitled to receive, or request, a certificate from the employer specifying the dates of his engagement and termination of his employment and the type or types of work on which he is employed.”

is that correct?

also, i was recently hired at a bpo in pasay city. my joining date was on december 14, 2015. would i be committing any offenses for this? i have already signed a contract with them.

thank you guys in advance. Very Happy

2Certificate of employment Empty Re: Certificate of employment Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:15 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

chuckRN wrote:
also, i was recently hired at a bpo in pasay city. my joining date was on december 14, 2015. would i be committing any offenses for this? i have already signed a contract with them.

thank you guys in advance. Very Happy

Yes, you may be liable for conflict of interest and other similar offenses because your new employment overlaps with the current one.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Certificate of employment Empty Re: Certificate of employment Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:58 am

chuckRN

Arresto Menor

okay. thank you for replying sir. about my other question, can they deny me of a certificate of employment?

i've read somewhere that it doesn't need to be 30 days. some say that it needs to be at least 30 days. so, does that mean that i'm still entitled to get a certificate of employment?

4Certificate of employment Empty Re: Certificate of employment Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:22 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

chuckRN wrote:okay. thank you for replying sir. about my other question, can they deny me of a certificate of employment?

i've read somewhere that it doesn't need to be 30 days. some say that it needs to be at least 30 days. so, does that mean that i'm still entitled to get a certificate of employment?

At least 30 days - meaning pinakamabilis na ang 30 days, not less. Pwedeng mas matagal sa 30 days.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum