Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Failed internet transactions but money was deducted from bank account

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

metalhead15

Arresto Menor

Hi!
I opened an EON account at Union Bank of the Philippines(UBP) more than two years ago and I was issued an EON Visa Electron card. I've been using the said account for purchases made over the internet.
Somehow, some of the purchases that I made on some internet merchants have failed but Union Bank of the Philippines went ahead and deducted the amount from my EON account. I e-mailed UBP's customer support and reported to them about what happened but was told to call the customer support hotline instead but still they were not able to help me recover the missing funds.
Thousands of pesos are missing from my account for over two years now and so I want to ask if there are some ways for me to do to be able to recover my missing money?
pale pale

attyLLL

that's going to be a bit hard, but i think your better move will be to check with the merchant if they received the payment and hope they will give it back.

did the bank confirm that the money was received by the merchant?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

metalhead15

Arresto Menor

I've already checked with the merchant and was told that they did not receive the payment. I used entropay virtual visa on one of those transactions but most of those failed transactions were made via click2pay internet wallet. There wasn't any record of the transactions that were executed when I checked my transaction records on both establishments. When I reported this to entropay and click2pay they both told me that the problem is on Union Bank of the Philippines' system.

attyLLL

first, ask bank to provide proof that it was paid. i suppose you have communication with the merchant showing that the payment was not received. if the bank does not respond favorably, then your remedy is to initiate a small claims case against it for a claim not more than P100k. rules on sc.judiciary.gov.ph

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum