Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retirement benefits for terminated employee

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bluey

Arresto Menor

My dad worked for more than 30years with one of the major companies here in the country. He was the employee's union president and he got terminated due to several issues pinned against him.

I dont have all the details to his case, as this happened when I was still very young, but, from what I know, he was terminated because of "failure to return to work". He was issued the RETURN TO WORK ORDER because he, along with some other union members, were on a hunger strike at the time. I think he was also charged with Abandonment of post, thus, he got terminated.

My question now is, is my dad entitled to retirement pay, back pay, "years of service" premium (sorry, I'm not really sure of what terms to use)? People come up to me sometimes and say "dapat milyonaryo kayo" if my dad was able to get those pay benefits. I think he had atty the, but I'm not sure of what happened with his case. One thing I'm sure of, he never got any of those "benefits", and that he had been depressed since.

Can he still get retirement pay? I mean, are terminated employees entitled to back pay and retirement/years of service pay? Technicalities were really against his case, but is there a way for him to get what is due for him?

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

BLUEY

attyLLL

if an employee is terminated due to abandonment, then he forfeits all those supposed benefits. if you say he already filed a case before, then that is the proper legal remedy so he can prove that he was illegally terminated.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Bluey

Arresto Menor

Thank you.

under technicality, I dont know if there are illegalities in his dismissal. But is there any other legal workaround for this?

Again, thank you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum