Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Undergoing Divorce, married in the US and registered here. How can remarry here in PH?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boypopoi

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Help on this.

Woman is married to a Fil-Am in the US. They got married in the US and registered only here in the PH. No civil or church wedding here in the PH.

They are undergoing an uncontested divorce over in the US, how can the WIFE legally remarry here in the PH?

Does she need to be divorced in the US first? Because the WIFE and the HUSBAND are already estranged for a couple of years. The Husband is in the US and the WIFE is here in the PH.

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

in my opinion,
even if they marry in US, if they register in Phil,
it is considered and under the Philippine laws.
I might be wrong Sad
and considering no Divorce in here, the wife can only re-marry after annulment...

boypopoi

Arresto Menor

LandOwner12 wrote:in my opinion,
even if they marry in US, if they register in Phil,
it is considered and under the Philippine laws.
I might be wrong Sad
and considering no Divorce in here, the wife can only re-marry after annulment...

Thank you for your reply. How difficult will that annulment process be if the husband is permanently in the US and the wife is here?

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

well,
1st, do you have a valid/strong ground for annulment?
2nd, this is a challenge, since the court can not easily summon someone from abroad

robertjuco.phil@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

Kindly provide me your email and mobile number so I can better explain to you your rights under the law.

http://robertjuco.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum