Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

- Republic Act 8484 - credit card

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1credit - - Republic Act 8484 - credit card Empty - Republic Act 8484 - credit card Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:41 pm

jannahlou

Arresto Menor

Nevertheless, what is clear from RA 8484 is that “mere failure to pay credit card debts,” in the absence of fraud, will never give rise to any criminal liability on the part of any credit card holder.
Even assuming, just for the sake of discussion, that “mere failure to pay credit card debts” is among the prohibited acts constituting access device fraud, which, as discussed, are declared to be unlawful and, thus, punishable with a fine and imprisonment, still, it will be struck down as void and, as such, of no effect for being unconstitutional, it being in direct contravention of the constitutional prohibition against imprisonment for debts.
Under Section 20 of Article III (Bill of Rights) of the 1987 Constitution, it is explicitly provided that “no person shall be imprisoned for debts,” and, this, no doubt, includes, within its scope, credit card debts.

Please can some one explain this to me?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum