Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Refund Policy in the Philippines

+10
jhulsverano
hddelacruz
Minor
nolymer
budz927
lawddesign
oceankhylle
fierjon
attyLLL
rie
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Refund Policy in the Philippines Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:35 am

rie

Arresto Menor

Hi! Would like to ask if there are laws regarding the return-refund of purchases here in the Philippines? If yes, what are the general rules?

4 days ago I bought a house equipment from a distribution company in a mall. This was due to a promo they had wherein they give me 5 items for free if I purchase just 1 item they are promoting that time. Sad to say I gave in and made the deal in a whim. After wards, I signed a Purchase Agreement that I "willingly purchased the items" and that "Both parties agreed with the said transaction".

Now my issue is: I would like to return those items and get 100% of my payment refunded. My reason is actually just because I'm having a hard time paying that 1 item due to more expenses this coming Christmas season. I paid 20% in cash and 80% using my credit card.

What can I do to get refunded?

Hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks so much for your time.

2Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:51 pm

attyLLL

here is the primer of the dti: http://dtincr.ph/faq_noreturn.php

difficulty in paying is not a valid basis for refund.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

fierjon

Arresto Menor

Good evening. We just signed a contract last december 9,2010 on buying an offer for membership from Club AstXXXa Holiday. It was disguised initially that we won a free dinner buffet NOT knowing about the said offer. Upon arriving at the table, we were asked to sign a waiver that we need to listen to a 90-minute presentation before claiming the free buffet dinner and so we signed it.

During the 90 minute presentation that took 3 hours, we were enticed by the sales agent ,claiming to be a lawyer, bar topnotch(even after we verified he's not on the list) to be a member of the club and if we step out of the room to think until yesterday we can't anymore avail of the said membership. IT's now or never. So we joined the club hoping that we could avail of discount in hotels overseas. However, upon hearing from other members who have canceled it on the irregularities of the club, we would like to revoke our membership.

the contract said that there is a processing/cancellation/refund fee of Php20,000?? is it justifiable?? we already paid a down payment of php18,000 We hope to have a refund of what we have paid. Thank you very much for your time

4Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:20 am

attyLLL

i remember sitting through one of those pressure sales sessions. in the end i still got the resto gift certificate without having to buy a time share.

as a rule, the law will not save you from making bad financial decisions. to protect yourself, you should immediately inform your credit card company to stop payments.

if they refuse to give a refund, then your remedy is to file a small claims case against the company. rules on sc.judiciary.gov.ph.

5Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:27 am

fierjon

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:i remember sitting through one of those pressure sales sessions. in the end i still got the resto gift certificate without having to buy a time share.

as a rule, the law will not save you from making bad financial decisions. to protect yourself, you should immediately inform your credit card company to stop payments.

if they refuse to give a refund, then your remedy is to file a small claims case against the company. rules on sc.judiciary.gov.ph.

According to the credit card company we should ask for a cancellation order from the company, what if the company won't give us the order immediately?

6Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:52 pm

attyLLL

first, send a demand letter to stop. tell the credit card company that you are contesting the charges and inform the also in writing. if neither respond, your recourse is to file a small claims case. good luck.

7Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty tutorial Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:18 pm

oceankhylle

Arresto Menor

Good day, i enrolled my child to a tutorial center during the summer of this year, but since the school started, we don't have time to have the tutorial anymore. I already spoke to the owner of the center and they said they don't give refunds, are they right? or can we get a refund?

8Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:39 pm

lawddesign

lawyer

Kindly check the contract you entered with the tutorial center.

9Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty refund Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:32 pm

budz927

Arresto Menor

[b]i wouldlike to know if i can refund the amount of 12k to a certain developer. i gave them a reservation fee adn did not issue an o.r. and i didnt sign any documents with them.and later i found out that the property didnt have any license to sell docs.can i refund my money with them easily? pls let me know.thank you

10Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:20 pm

nolymer

Arresto Menor

Gud afternoon ,,i would like to ask if i can have refund. i have avail a package in a studio for a grad pic since april 12, 2012. but the studio failed to give my pictures until now due to their technical problem with their computer.Now they ask me if i would like to have a another photoshoot with them. but unfortunately, i don't want to do it anymore with them because of their failed services and its already been 7 months. now i just want my money back but they said that their company doesn't give anny refunds.is their anything possible for me to get my money back?

11Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Minor

Arresto Menor

Good evening po.
I registered for a training at a learning center for P6,500.
I decided not to go on with the training due to financial problems that happened and I needed the money. I talked to them about it and they said that I can only transfer the "account" to another person who is willing to continue the training. Unfortunately, the learning center stopped its operation before I can find a replacement. Still, they are saying that I cannot get a refund. What can I do?

12Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:57 am

hddelacruz

Arresto Menor

Hello , We have a small online shop registered at DTI barangay level. may client kami na filipino from taiwan who ordered a gadget ( samsung TAB3) made in Korea meaning clone lang xa. at the point of sale sinabi namin na hindi original ang binibili niya when she received the item nagustuhan niya and she even offer to sell this gadgets to her friends, after a month sabi niya sira ang gadget and kailangan namin ibalik ung pera niya she needs a refund or palitan nalng namin ng ibang items kasi ayaw na niya ung gadget, from taiwan binalik niya sa amin at ng dinala namin sa suplier sabi ng yechnician sira na ang gadget at nabagsak, dapat pa bang i refund namin ung client nasira niya ung item. sa ganitong sitwasyon may batas ba na nagcocover naman para sa aming nagpapatakbo ng small business? Thanks!

13Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:25 pm

jhulsverano

Arresto Menor

good evening po! pwede ko po ba marefund yung binayad ko? affidavit of lost of receipt and certification from the store na ako po ang owner ng unit ang documents na merun po ako. nakabile po ako ng mobile phone na tatlong beses na po nirepair dahil hindi po maresolved yung problem ng phone,factory defect po yung issue ng unit. yung unit nasa service centre pa rin po subalit naglapsed na po yung warranty period. tama po ba na i-extend lang po nila yung warranty period? paano po kung maulet po ulet yung problem ng phone sa pang-apat na beses pwede po ba na irefund nalang po or ireplace ng ibang unit? ayaw po kasi pumayag ng distributor.
may laban po ba ako kung idaan ko po sa court kung hindi po sila pumayag?

14Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:38 pm

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Subukan mong tumawag sa DTI. Sabi nila protektado ka ayon sa Republic Act No. 7394 o Consumer Act of the Philippines
Consumer Protection and Advocacy Bureau (CPAB) Trade and Industry Building 361 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Ave. Makati City, Philippines 1200 Trunkline: (+632) 751.0384 Fax: (+632) 890.4949 E-mail: cpab@dti.gov.ph

15Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:53 pm

OnlineBuyer

Arresto Menor

Hello. I ordered some things from an online shop. They look legit but their service is poor. Is it alright to ask for a refund? More than a month passed already. Thanks for the reply in advance.

16Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:28 pm

icemeup

Arresto Menor

Goodeve! Nawalan po ako ng 8pcs na T-shirt sa isang laundry shop...ng kinausapnkonpo ang may ari,ndi daw sya liable at ndi nya kelan man aknowledge unmga nwala dhil isang araw n lumipas...may karapatan po ba ako hilingin na bayaran un mga nawala??

17Refund Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refund Policy in the Philippines Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:30 pm

maquiledesma

Arresto Menor

we purchased a machine in one of the distributor of posible.net. worth 35k on oct. 29, 2017, that's when they participated in a bazaar in world trade center. it is a payment system wherein we can submit all type of payments (whether water bills, electricity, celfone and fone bills, etc.), of course the celfone loads. they made a demo on how to use the product. the demo machine that they are using is working perfectly.
the following day, they delivered the item. the only working icon is the celfone load. we called the distributor and advised us to wait for 3days to activate the other icons in the system. but 4 weeks has passed, the machine is still not working. a tech. rep. once visited us, replaced the unit, but still same problem was encountered. they direct us to call possible.net hotline. but they told us to coordinate with the distributor. now, I am really pissed off. I want to return the unit and have them refund my money.
Now, the problem is, the distributor want to refund 30k only bec. they said the unit has been with us for a month. but we were not able to use the unit. we can't process even our own electric bills on the unit. last week, my husband was mad at me, because we cant use the cable (there's a basketball game that he want to watch that time). I tried to submit my cable bill using that machine a week before the due date. but it seems the payment was not posted.
Do they have the right not to refund the full amount that I paid? I am just a simple wife, wanting to have a small business at home. They said, in the agreement that I signed, it only says, they can replace but not refund. Is this legal? Please advise. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum