Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Father acquiring full custody of 3yo son.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Father acquiring full custody of 3yo son. Empty Father acquiring full custody of 3yo son. Fri May 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Jayp33

Arresto Menor

I'm a single dad with my 3yo son. Her mother and I were not married and decided to stop living together and end the relationship a couple of years ago. I took our son and she agreed that I take care of him.

After a couple of months after the breakup she got pregnant with her new boyfriend, I'm just not sure whether they got married or not.

Is it possible to have full custody of my son and avoid getting consent of his mom everytime there's a requirement for it? Since her mother is always out of reach. Like getting my son's passport, somebody told me(though i'm not sure about this fact) that the mother needs to be present on the appointed personal appearance date.

One of the requirements says:
For Minor Applicants (below 18 years old):
-Personal appearance of either parent (if minor is a legitimate child) / of mother (if minor is an illegitimate child)

Thanks in advance! Smile

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

as per legal, <7 years old, baby should be with the mother unless there are compelling reasons not to.
based on ur account, the mother don't have interest on ur baby, and thus already moved on..
u have few options.
1. file an abandonment vs ur ex,
2. adopt ur son, so all her rights and obligations to him will be lifted. in this process u need her waiver.

Jayp33

Arresto Menor

Can you provide some details on those options? especially the second one. Thanks.

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

there is already a forum detailing on adoption steps... almost same case, the father wants to custody..

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Jayp33 wrote:Can you provide some details on those options? especially the second one. Thanks.

Relevant RA is Republic Act (RA) 8552 or the Domestic Adoption Act of 1998
Key considerations are: biological parent(s) of the child, if known, must give his/her/their written consent to the adoption. Consent of the biological parents may be dispensed with when the parent whose consent is being requested has abandoned the adoptee. Parent adopting has qualifications such as: good moral character, not convicted of a crime, emotionally and psychologically capable of caring for children. Adoptee must be at least 16 years old but is waived if the adopter is the biological parent of the adoptee.
A petition for adoption is filed in court.

Happy searching.

Jayp33

Arresto Menor

Bump

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum