Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I legally adopt the baby of someone I know who willingly wants to give me her baby?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SummerSmile

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I'm so happy I found this website as I was researching about adoption laws in the Philippines.

I am a Filipino citizen, my husband is an American citizen (but born and raised in the Philippines, so if need be, he can get dual-citizenship with Philippines too) and we are currently residing in Singapore for more than 3 years now due to my husband's work. We know a couple in the Philippines who are willing to give us their baby for adoption as we do not have any children. Can we do an Affidavit of Waiver of All Parental Rights, Relinquishment of Child, and Consent to Adoption? Then we'll be the legal parents of the baby and bring the baby with us to Singapore and/or USA?

I am hoping it can be done as the couple specifically wants us to have their baby and not any orphanage. My husband and I also would love to have their baby and be the baby's legal parents. If it can be done, how do we start the process? What will be the estimate processing time with all the affidavit signing and court hearings (if there will be)? I can stay in Manila while processing all these but I'm hoping it would not take very long. Also, do you have an idea of the estimate total cost to process this? (Attorney's fees, court hearings, etc)

Any input would be very helpful and highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

Kind regards,
Ms. SummerSmile

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

Waiver is not acceptable. You have to follow the adoption procedures set by the PH law. There will be evaluation and consultations. Spare sometimes to visit DSWD office and ask the proper procedures. Please see the link below.

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/local-adoption-requirements-and-procedures/

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/intercountry-adoption-requirements-and-procedures/

SummerSmile

Arresto Menor

Do you mean it cannot be an agreement between 2 parties via attorney and/or judge?

They're not our relatives but they want us to be the ones to adopt their baby. And there's no orphanage involved too. Since it's a mutual agreement between the biological parents and us, why do we have to go through the DSWD process when they're not even involved?

Any Family Lawyer here who can answer please? Thank you!

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

SummerSmile wrote:Do you mean it cannot be an agreement between 2 parties via attorney and/or judge?

They're not our relatives but they want us to be the ones to adopt their baby. And there's no orphanage involved too. Since it's a mutual agreement between the biological parents and us, why do we have to go through the DSWD process when they're not even involved?

Any Family Lawyer here who can answer please? Thank you!

I already told you, any adoption agreement between the 2 parties is not acceptable.

Why do we have to go through DSWD or agency accredited by the Government? The answer is very simple; that is to protect the interest of the child, the biological parents and the persons who will adopt... and because that's the law.

Any adoption that doesn't comply with the existing law (RA8043 or RA8552) will be invalid and punishable by law.

SummerSmile

Arresto Menor

Any Family Lawyer here who knows other options please? Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum