Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My 14-year old sister is dating a 19-year old guy..please help!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

guenie23

Arresto Menor

Need your help/advice:

My 14-year old sister is dating a 19-year old guy.
We've tried talking to her a lot of times to break it off
but my sister is so naive and stubborn at the possibilities of her
being abused by this guy.

Even the school has helped by asking the guy to sign an
agreement that will prevent him from getting near my sister.

But they go to the same school and my sister still "secretly" sees the
guy. My parents are very old and are trying their best to protect my sister.
I am far away from home..working as an OFW.

What legal measures can we do to protect my sister.
I seriously need your help and advice. Thank you in advance.

attyLLL

there is no legal remedy to prevent them from meeting or even having a dating relationship (short of having sexual relations which would be considered seduction).

pulling them apart may actually push them together more. what i recommend are chaperoned visits at home.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

resjudicata

Arresto Mayor

Hi guenie23: You need to talk to the guy first. Tell him or warn him about the consequences of dating a minor. It's better to confront him in person instead of talking to him by phone. BTW, who is acting as guardian of your sister? You must also talk with your parents and tell them about your sister's situation. I know what's in your mind when a 19 year old guy is dating a minor. Your sister is susceptible of being abused through deceit considering her age. I agree with attyLLL that a legal remedy is not yet available as of this time because there is no cause of action against any person who will take advantage of the minority of your sister.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum