Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help. is adoption possible and how's the process?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

khite23

Arresto Menor

I'm a single mom of a 6yr old boy. Hindi po kami kasal ng tatay na anak ko pero naka-apelyido sa kanya ang bata at nakapirma sya sa birth certificate ng anak ko. Hindi po sya talaga nagbigigay ng sustento kung tutuusin. Magbigay man po eh madalang pa sa patak ng ulan at pinaka malaki na po eh halagang 1000 pesos lang kahit na maganda ang work nya at malaki ang sahod. Ako man po ay may trabaho at ako ang sole provider ng needs ng bata, nasa poder ko din ang anak ko. May boyfriend po ako ngayon at nagbabalak na kami magpakasal next year at gusto po sana namin na mai-adopt na din nya ang anak ko. Financially capable naman po ang bf ko at mahal na mahal nya din ang anak ko. Paano po kaya ang magiging process nun? Kung sakali po ba na tumanggi ang biological father ng anak ko, may laban po ba sya kahit di naman sya sumusoporta sa bata? Gaano po kaya katagal ang process? Ano po ang maaari namin gawin ng bf ko para ma-adopt nya ang anak ko? Salamat po.

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Considering that the biological father acknowledges your child, his consent to the adoption is necessary. You and your boyfriend (or soon husband) have to jointly adopt the child when you are already married. If you can prove that it is for the best interests of your son to be adopted by you and your bf, then the court may allow the adoption.

However, it would be best if you will get the biological father to cooperate by giving his consent.

If you need legal assistance, you may also email me on km@kgmlegal.ph

Warm regards,
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

khite23

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the advise Atty. Katrina. My bf is currently overseas and we'll discuss things when he gets back. We are also planning to talk to my son's biological father and have his consent as well when it comes to the adoption. But what if the father will not aign the consent? Will it be harder for us to pursue the adoption? Thanks in advance.

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

If the father does not give his written consent, it will be hard to pursue the adoption. The court may allow the adoption without the consent of the father only if you can prove that the adoption is for the welfare of the child and it is the best option.

Hopefully, everything goes well with the biological father.

You're welcome.

Atty. Katrina

khite23

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much. I hope everything will goes well. More power to you Atty. Katrina and this legal forum site. Smile

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

You're welcome. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum