Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No contract?

+3
artistj
thepoetsedge
lebasy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - No contract? Empty No contract? Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:44 pm

lebasy

Arresto Menor

I would like to ask how I should go about applying to a company that has no contract?

I applied for a new job and after the final interview, verbally I said I would commit to them already because that was the only way I could get the job offer. So they had me talk to finance, and we negotiated a salary.

However there is no actual contract.

I don't feel comfortable with this and so I would like to decline the offer. Is it still possible to do so even though verbally I did agree but there is still no written contract?

Please advise. I applied for an entry level job.

2employment - No contract? Empty Re: No contract? Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:03 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

As per our New Civil Code, verbal contracts are considered binding as to the two parties who made it. However, it will be a battle of evidences in case there will be questions as to the existence of a verbal contract if court proceedings will push through.

The best way to deal with such is to talk to the ones who interviewed you and honestly say your reasons for declining the job offer. It would be harder to decline if there was already a written employment contract in play, but since all negotiations were made verbally, it can still be talked over with them. Hopefully, there will be no power-tripping and intimidating gestures by the employer during your conversations with them.

It is also well within your right to ask for an employment contract in case you still want to push through with the job offer, para at least clear yung scope of responsibility mo for your new job and the salary that you are entitled to receive per month. In case pumayag yung employer mo, make sure to read all the provisions of the employment contract and ask for clarification for any unclear parts para pulido yung contract na gagawin. Most importantly, ask for a copy of your employment contract for future basis and don't forget to ask for the company handbook regarding its rules and regulations.

In case di sila magbigay ng employment contract, ask for the reason as to why di nila magawa yun and then tingnan mo kung justified naman ang rationale nila. There are some fledgling companies that do not have the required resources yet sa HR para gumawa ng mga employment contracts, kaya some opt to give you the contract after nagtatrabaho ka na. Pero dapat clear yun and hingi ka rin ng documentary evidence na dapat to follow yung employment contract mo and dapat din may karapatan ka pa rin na magclarify and magdispute ng terms and conditions ng contract since late mo natanggap yung contract...

Take everything I say with a grain of salt, since law student pa lang ako. It is always better to ask a real lawyer for his legal opinion regarding your situation. Nevertheless, I wish you good luck in your situation, and may it be resolved with both parties not being aggrieved in the end... afro

3employment - No contract? Empty employment Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:35 pm

artistj

Arresto Menor

Umpisa na po ang duty ko ngayong monday sa government center bilang IT. Ang kaso ay hinabol ako ng dati kong amo sa naiwan kong trabaho, paano po yon e wala naman akong na sign na contract sa dati kong amo. Pumunta sila noon sa bahay at sinabing hiramin lang nila ako hanggang two month, sinabi ko pa sa kanila, paano pagkatapos ng two months. Sagot nila nasa sa iyo kong hanggang kailan ang gusto mo, at ngayon nag one year na nga ako wala contract walang sss at philhealth. Bale dati nila akong empliyado at nag resign kasi walang sss. Sabi ko pa sa kanila before ako sumama na nag apply ako sa abroad o sa local at any time aalis ako pag nataggap na ako. Paano po yon e wala nga kaming permahan sa mga napagkasundoan namin. Please give an advice on this situation.

4employment - No contract? Empty Re: No contract? Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:54 am

vantch carlene

Arresto Menor

Itatanong ko lang po kung legal parin po ba ang contrata na pinirmahan ko six months ago and until now, wala pa rin akong natatanggap na pirmadong kontrata. Tama rin po ba na nagtatrabaho pa rin ako sa kumpanya na pinapasukan ko kahit alam kong tapos na ang propbationary period ko at hanggang ngayon wala pa rin akong kontrata bilang regular employee? Thank you in advance sa pagsagot.

5employment - No contract? Empty Re: No contract? Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:55 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

vantch carlene wrote:Itatanong ko lang po kung legal parin po ba ang contrata na pinirmahan ko six months ago and until now, wala pa rin akong natatanggap na pirmadong kontrata. Tama rin po ba na nagtatrabaho pa rin ako sa kumpanya na pinapasukan ko kahit alam kong tapos na ang propbationary period ko at hanggang ngayon wala pa rin akong kontrata bilang regular employee? Thank you in advance sa pagsagot.

hindi kailangan ng ibang papeles para maging regular.

basta humigit sa anim na buwan ang trabaho mo dun, dapat automatic na regular ka na.

http://www.councilviews.com

6employment - No contract? Empty Re: No contract? Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:08 am

Faust

Arresto Menor

Medyo related din po sa post namin. Regular employee na po ako for almost 3 months. Yung ininterview po ako same as my officemates before kami i-hire may increase daw po kami and benefits. Ng maregular na po kami wala pa po yung contract namin, increase and benefits.Nagfofollow up po kami lagi pero verbally sinasabi ng HR na meron transition na nangyayari sa HR plus wag daw kami magworry kasi may retro naman yung sweldo namin. Yung manager din po namin nagemail daw po for followup. pwede po ba kami humingi ng letter from them or some other options?

7employment - No contract? Empty Re: No contract? Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:12 pm

raymark_roberto17

raymark_roberto17
Arresto Menor

I called DOLE yesterday and they told me na, in the absence of a contract, an employee shall be automatically permanent. Any comment? Thanks.

8employment - No contract? Empty Re: No contract? Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:23 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

raymark_roberto17 wrote:I called DOLE yesterday and they told me na, in the absence of a contract, an employee shall be automatically permanent. Any comment? Thanks.

Tama.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum