Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contract Renewal

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Contract Renewal Empty Contract Renewal Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:23 pm

ashfordcd

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I just want to ask a legal advise on my situation. To start with, I signed a project employment contract with a Co. From may - dec. 2014. However, come Jan this year, I was still asked to report to work. Thinking that they might want to extend my contract, I still report to work up to date. But the problem is, I have not signed any new contract nor an extension of contract. What do I need to do? And can I just not report to work anytime I want? Coz, technically I am no longer an employee of the co., am I right? Please help.

Thank you so much.

2Contract Renewal Empty Re: Contract Renewal Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:01 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

what are the specific words of your contract regarding your tenure?

http://www.councilviews.com

3Contract Renewal Empty Re: Contract Renewal Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:21 pm

ashfordcd

Arresto Menor

Hi sir,

There is nothing on the contract that states about tenure. It's purely a project employment contract that will expire on a specific time, or if the project is finished, whichever comes first.

4Contract Renewal Empty Re: Contract Renewal Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:49 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

ashfordcd wrote:Hi sir,

There is nothing on the contract that states about tenure. It's purely a project employment contract that will expire on a specific time, or if the project is finished, whichever comes first.

I meant tenure as the period of project employment and any related periods regarding any extension or automatic end of contract.

http://www.councilviews.com

5Contract Renewal Empty Re: Contract Renewal Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:59 pm

ashfordcd

Arresto Menor

Sorry sir, I did not understand your question earlier. anyway, on the contract, it states that it is only until Dec. 31, 2014, or if the project is dissolved before the said date. It did not contain anything or says anything about automatic contract renewal, or extension whatsoever. Like "contract may be extended..." wla pong ganun. I only have a verbal order to report to work after the holidays. They did not even talk about anything about the contract or about the extension of it. I just go to work everyday until now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum