Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slip and fall accident

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Slip and fall accident Empty Slip and fall accident Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:38 pm

aprildfrance

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would like to ask for you advsie on this matter:

Last June2 around 10pm in the evenning I fell and broke my ankle at the WCC stairways leading to the sidewalk. I just finished my monthly meeting with my boss and collegue and on my way down I fell and broke my ankle.

My collegue and kind hearted passers by helped to get a cab and carry me to the cab. Not anyone from the office guards assisted us; I was rushed to Medical City. and the next day I had my surgery for both sides of my ankle bone are broken.

My supervisor visited me while I was in te OR, she had provided documents for me to fill up. (SSS Benefits, SSS EC, Emergency Salary Loan); I sent an email to my office HR inquiring for fianncial assistance since the HMO will not cover the metal implants, I asked if they could make an arrangement for the HMO to cover the implants and the excess hopsital bills since I've already maxed out my HMO Card and if I have an insurance for the said accident; I was imformed that its not part of the package, my limit is still P110k, though I can file a claim for accidental insurance amounting to P10k.

Due to complication with my my GERD, and high blood pressure I was advised to stay in the hospital and was just released last June 17 by filing a promisory note. I still have an outstanding balance of P93k.

I sent an email to my company's facilities, reporting about my accident for the sais stairways was recently "elevated"/ renovated" and there were no safety precaution signages. and I was asking for fianancial assistance. I was then advise to sent the complaint to the WCC Building facilities and up until now no feedback from them.

When my brother submitted my Medical Abstract and X-ray, he was advised by the Security guard to file the complaint at dpwh.

I haven't filed a Polica report yet nor have been to the Mandaluyong Municipality. the thing is that I cant hardly walk in my crutches when using the stairs.. I'm having flashback on what happened that night; I lived on the 2nd floor;

I had my check up with my dr and I was advised to undergo PT. Looking into it a minimum of 3 mos for me to heal. I've already used up all my vacation and sick leave; and i still have every other two weeks check that requires for x-ray and the every other day PT session.

Is there a way I can ask for financial assitance to my company even though they have provided the HMO, SSS Benefits, Insurance & SSS- EC? the accident happened within the premises of my office.

As for the WCC, arent they responsible of not putting safety precautions signages even if its the dpwh who had thse sidewalk elevated?

I've sent a feedback at DPWH website about my accident, still no reply.

I'm the sole bread winner in our family, we are already orphaned and I'm still sending my brother to school. I just finished paying a debt and here it happened.

It seems that these people are ignoring my plea and I have no choice but to seek legal advise and if I really have to file a lawsuit.

Also, if you can refer me to a lawyer, should I need one.

Thank you and God bless,

Aprilesd*

2Slip and fall accident Empty Re: Slip and fall accident Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:51 pm

dazzle

dazzle
Arresto Menor

not a lawyer po ...

You photo copy all your hospital bills, x-ray, take a photo of your operated ankles, etc basta any document you can file as annexes para when you get to consult a lawyer with PAO or from a lawyer friend, you have the supporting documents.

As you have detailed in your story, write a narrative of the sequence of events na nangyari with date and time of what happened.

If you will pursue a legal case, consult a lawyer ang isasampa na kaso and file it. Puede naman ipa-file mo sa family or relative mo.

Have in mind how much compensation or financial assistance you are asking through a breakdown. This is a long process po. I hope this will help you for now.

3Slip and fall accident Empty Re: Slip and fall accident Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

What's WCC? Is the area in question part of the building or on the sidewalk or street?

DPWH would handle the streets only, AFAICR.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum