Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Partnership and Corp

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Partnership and Corp Empty Partnership and Corp Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:48 pm

keilah

Arresto Menor

Just a question I thought up while studying for a quiz this evening. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me understand! Smile
1) (Art 1769) A person is presumed a partner if he receives a share of the profit. What if it is a partnership (let's call it B ) who receives a share of a profit from A? Will partnership B be a partner of partnership A? And if B does become a partner, will B be liable for A's liabilities?

2Partnership and Corp Empty Re: Partnership and Corp Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:48 pm

openchord30

Arresto Menor

1769 speaks of presumptions as to whether a partnership exists. it does not provide for a presumption whether B is a partner in partnership A

partnership is consensual, contractual because it requires agreement between two or more person. So a partnership (although a juridical person) is not capable of giving consent? it has no mind? it acts only through its officers..

so the least we can conclude is that partnership B and A entered into a joint venture, and B received some profit. and under the law, in joint venture kanya kanya sila it does not form another single entity as to make B liable to the liabilities of A

just an opinion impromtu lng.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum