Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unfair auctioner

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1unfair auctioner Empty unfair auctioner Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:40 pm

poor_employee

Arresto Menor

Hi,
my items has been hanging on one of the auction company for 2 years, I ask for a follow up and then they advised me that items are sold for 1,500. My gosh! we already agreed to start the price on 17K and that they will call me before they will release it. They also admit that they had made a negligence on their part but still they can only give me 1,500.

Question: For I dont know yet, to whom should I file a complain?  DTI..?

2unfair auctioner Empty Re: unfair auctioner Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:43 am

poor_employee

Arresto Menor

poor_employee wrote:Hi,
my items has been hanging on one of the auction company for 2 years, I ask for a follow up and then they advised me that items are sold for 1,500. My gosh! we already agreed to start the price on 17K and that they will call me before they will release it. They also admit that they had made a negligence on their part but still they can only give me 1,500.

Question: For I dont know yet, to whom should I file a complain?  DTI..?

Hello, just want to ask if filing a complaint to the DTI would be the wise step?

3unfair auctioner Empty Re: unfair auctioner Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:43 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Better try to AVOID going to court if possible, because need much time/money.

"They also admit that they had made a negligence on their part but still they can only give me 1,500. "
Can you prove this? Or do you have that 17k demand deal at document?

When they admited they have done wrong, didn't they offer you any compensation then?
If not you can start with ASKING them for that.
IF they don't give you a decent offer, THEN you can start with THREAT the auction company to go to court.

Telling the auction company you think of TELL PEOPLE/Media about the bad handling, can be a good threath too...

4unfair auctioner Empty Re: unfair auctioner Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:29 pm

poor_employee

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:Better try to AVOID going to court if possible, because need much time/money.

"They also admit that they had made a negligence on their part but still they can only give me 1,500. "
Can you prove this? Or do you have that 17k demand deal at document?

When they admited they have done wrong, didn't they offer you any compensation then?
If not you can start with ASKING them for that.
IF they don't give you a decent offer, THEN you can start with THREAT the auction company to go to court.

Telling the auction company you think of TELL PEOPLE/Media about the bad handling, can be a good threath too...

Thanks Lunkan,
Actually our 1st agreement was 20K but they keep asking me to go low so I agreed to start the offer at 10K. Indicated also in the document that they will call me for the approval of the offer in case someone got interested on my items, which didnt happened and they released it without calling me.

after two years my items went hanging with them until last month of May I got calls from people who are interested with my items which I posted also online. Bad thing is the over all total oaf my items if sold online would come up to 40K and the day I ask the auction company that I will pull out my items they told me after a week that all of my items are sold for 1,500. that is too impossible right? I told them even a newly graduate IT person would not price like that on a high end equipments.

I am also thinking to tell them to give me at least 20K or else I'll complain on media regarding on thier procedures

5unfair auctioner Empty Re: unfair auctioner Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:19 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

" call me for the approval of the offer in case someone got interested on my items" "two years"
??? I have never heared of such auctions.
For me Auctions are TIME LIMITED only extended A LITLE if geting a NEW offer close to the end of the time limit.
/Most auctions are started and ended within MINUTES for each item, and then they start and end next.
/Internet auctions (as for instance Ebay) have several auctions running at the same time, but are ended within a few DAYS (perhaps weeks).
And after the auction has ended, the money are send within ONE MONTH or so.

Concerning prices.
Most auctions have NO MINIMUM PRICE if seller don't have put one. (Except most auctions have a VERY LOW GENERAL minimum price.)
If I understand corect you have put minimum price only at ONE item =10k. Your other items have NO MINIMUM price, so they can have been sold very cheap. If so it's possible your items have been sold for a litle more than 10k.
(It's common to make bargains at auctions, but some pay to much too by they can't examine things proper at auctions - and some pay to much in "biding fights" because they find it a "lose face" situation, if they don't winn the biding Smile When two persons think "lose face" in a bidding war, then such offers can become MUCH higher than what the item is worth.
(Myself I don't bother to be in "bidding wars", so I have made many bargains in auctions, but also paid to much in a few cases, when the items were broken.)
Auction houses are normaly suppoused to have lists where it can be seen what each item is sold for, and who is the seller, so sellers can check afterwards, if not believing the auction house...

6unfair auctioner Empty Re: unfair auctioner Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:44 pm

poor_employee

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:" call me for the approval of the offer in case someone got interested on my items"    "two years"
???    I have never heared of such auctions.    
For me Auctions are TIME LIMITED only extended A LITLE if geting a NEW offer close to the end of the time limit.
/Most auctions are started and ended within MINUTES for each item, and then they start and end next.
/Internet auctions (as for instance Ebay)  have several auctions running at the same time, but are ended within a few DAYS (perhaps weeks).
And after the auction has ended, the money are send within ONE MONTH or so.

Concerning prices.
Most auctions have NO MINIMUM PRICE if seller don't have put one.   (Except most auctions have a VERY LOW GENERAL minimum price.)
If I understand corect you have put minimum price only at ONE item   =10k.  Your other items have NO MINIMUM price, so they can have been sold very cheap.     If so it's possible your items have been sold for a litle more than 10k.
(It's common to make bargains at auctions, but some pay to much too by they can't examine things proper at auctions  - and some pay to much in "biding fights"  because they find it a "lose face" situation, if they don't winn the biding  Smile   When two persons think "lose face" in a bidding war, then such offers can become MUCH higher than what the item is worth.
(Myself I don't bother to be in "bidding wars", so I have made many bargains in auctions, but also paid to much in a few cases, when the items were broken.)
Auction houses are normaly suppoused to have lists where it can be seen what each item is sold for, and who is the seller, so sellers can check afterwards, if not believing the auction house...

as part of their standards, all items from that comes in one category is considered as one lot. In this case my items are all IT units and are considered to one lot.

at 1st I advised them start my items at bidding price of 20K then eventually they asked me to go low cause no one gets to offer for that price. Then we agreed to start the bid on 10K

7unfair auctioner Empty Re: unfair auctioner Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

=One post all together?
If so, then you can only demand 10k.

But how can it be YEARS in an AUCTION???
Auctions are time limited.

8unfair auctioner Empty Re: unfair auctioner Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:43 am

poor_employee

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:=One post all together?
If so, then you can only demand 10k.

But how can it be YEARS in an AUCTION???
Auctions are time limited.

apologies I over said it. They pulled my items last April 2013 and sold it last January by not advising me.

I did agree to pay me in 10k before but I need to see valid proof of their transaction to the buyer. What I got from them is a excel file indicating only the transaction number and the date that was sold. I told them that it was not valid even a high school can create that soft copy. I asked them again to give me a scanned copy, again they gave me a false scanned copy indicating additional items that are not mine. Through that I think they are just fooling me and not telling me how much they sold my items. So I decided to ask them for a larger amount than 10k since they are not providing the real price of how much my items are sold.

from our email transactions they admitted that they made negligence on their end but still they don't provide me the real price. They told me that they will include it on their mancom meeting and will advice me the decision of their management.

so here is the result from their mancom meeting: they would only pay me for 10k.

I want to bring this complaint to a new level but still I not sure on where should I file the complaint 1st.

Please advice.. thanks in advance

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum