Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

immediate resignation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1immediate resignation Empty immediate resignation Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:03 pm

rygaerlan

Arresto Menor

are there any laws covering immediate resignation? coz i have a friend who works as a call center agent and he resigned immediately coz he had to go back to the province asap. he is just a regular agent who can be replaced anytime and doesnt have any special or specific tasks that needs to be endorsed. is it legal for his company to deduct the 30days from his backpay? tnx in advance for the reply. Very Happy Evil or Very Mad

2immediate resignation Empty Re: immediate resignation Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:31 pm

attyLLL

the law requires the employee to render 30 day notice prior to resignation, except for special circumstances such as a serious insult or commission of a crime against him by the employer. failure to render notice allows the employer to claim damages.

nevertheless, i do not believe that the company can unilaterally deduct 30 days from his pay. the company should claim this separately. your friend's remedy is to demand payment then file a money claim complaint with the nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum