Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I file Libel or Defamation case to this person?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ems maningas

Arresto Menor

I'm a member of Church community. We organised Team building with the goal of planning and evaluation for our community. We were 10 individuals on the said event Isa po sa member ng community namin ay close sa akin, we treat each other as mag-nanay. So during the activity, care and support is present between us. We didn't any feeling of awkwardness not until we came back to our church and we found out that one of our community member write an incident report to our Parish Priest and asking most of our members to sign the said report (6 of them did). He read the report and forward it to our Diocese coordinators. On that Incident report, malicious words are present like "malayang himas - himasin", "mahalay" etc. which is really questioned our reputation and dignity as a Lay person and workers of Church

I just want to know if I can file Libel or defamation case to the person who wrote the Incident report and to those person who sign the Incident report???

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

If that malicious imputation was directed to a particular person whose name was specifically identifiable, then you can file for libel or defamation to such person.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum