Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

land title has my name but my fathers 2nd family is living on it and wants to own it.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

beatdis

Arresto Menor

hi there, my mom and my dad are still alive but got separated when we were still young. my mom left and my dad continue to live on our house. my dad had kids with his new wife ..they got married also and up to now still lives in our house. if my dad dies, who has the right to the house ???? they are also saying that ..the land title is on my name but the house is under my dads name. i have the land title in my possession. i need your advice, i don't really have so much time since im working abroad. i wanted to settle this as soon as possible kasi parang gusto nila angkinin yung bahay na nakapangalan sakin. kaya ba nila magawa to o meron ba sila karapatan na magawa na maangkin yung bahay na nakapangalan sakin?? thanks so much! - beatdis

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

With respect to the land, since it was registered under your name, then, your title over the land can no longer be questioned or disturbed even after the death of your father.

With respect to the house, the best thing to do if your dad dies, is to question the validity of the subsequent marriage for purposes of succession, particularly the extent of your share to the house. Once the court would declare that the subsequent marriage is bigamous, hence, void. You may have all the rights and privileges of a legitimate heir over the house. Taking into consideration also the existence of your mom and their marriage, the subsequent marriage as well as your half-brother/sister.

For now, stand still ka lng muna. OR induce your father to sell the house in your favor, para once and for all ma settle na yan without court intervention.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum