Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

The seller is not the owner!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The seller is not the owner! Empty The seller is not the owner! Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:50 am

eilrahc

Arresto Menor

Help nmn po.

I'm about to buy this used car from a person who advertised in the internet. The problem is that this person is not the owner of the car it self. He said that it is from his parents that is in abroad but he has all the documents such as OR,CR, and an Open Deed of Sale that is under his father's name.

Medyo d po ako palagay sa setup n ito.
Should I ask this person for any other documents? Maybe an Authorization from his father that he is allowing his son to sell his car?
Or in other case. The seller is not related to the owner?
What are legal things to be done regarding this transactions.

Maraming salamat po in advance! Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks po ulit sa mga magreply.

2The seller is not the owner! Empty Re: The seller is not the owner! Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:23 pm

attyLLL

if you really want to buy the car, here are steps which you can do. (note that this is not full proof)

1) get HPG clearance at camp crame
2) verify with lto is the or/cr matches the one on record and if there are no encumbrances
3) ask for copies of his father's IDs and other evidences showing the signature to be correct
4) do the finalization of the sale at his house so you'll know where he lives, get copies of his ID
5) have your own deed of sale between you

open deed of sale is risky, but it happens to be the norm in the second hand car industry where the seller is into buy and sell. I'm a bit worried about this because the seller is claiming to be the son which does not fit the profile and seems to be an assurance being thrown in to ease your fears.

be careful about the authenticity of the docs. i am already handling a case where the docs turned out to be fake.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3The seller is not the owner! Empty Re: The seller is not the owner! Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:12 am

eilrahc

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much po! I'll take note of these advised you have rendered!
More power po!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum