Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

prescriptive period RE employment and penalty

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jem is my name

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I wanted to seek your help RE prescriptive period about a violation I have done with my previous employer. Due to delikadesa, I sought for my immediate resignation after receiving a suspension memo period of 30 days. The letter was received by the head of admin and  finance but he clarified he was not the one bearing higher authority of agreeing to such resignation. As a desperate act, I settled for his acknowledgment.

Months passed, I have learned via HR representative that they have accepted my resignation. With no paper trail whatsoever, am I really considered as resigned? I have called the company and have spoken with the head of admin and finance but he never asked me to work again for them.

The 2nd dilemma is I am still waiting for the company's decision RE the penalty thing. Here's the story:

I was working under 2 bosses and the company has an inverted pyramid system which means the bosses will be liable to my doings because they should act as my immediate supervisors. Now, the penalty includes a monetary value, the company already paid for the monetary penalty but insisted that the parties involved should pay the company half amount of the monetary penalty. I already told the company I was willing to pay but was still awaiting there decision RE division of penalty payment. But the head of admin and finance told me to talk to the 2 immediate bosses. So I talked to them but they returned the decision making to the head of admin and finance. Repetition. I was just wondering if there is such a prescriptive period over such matter where I will no longer be liable to such penalty. I never signed any contract at all and the company has no employee handbook whatsoever. Can I ever be fee of such burden? I am now unemployed for 1 year and 2 months because of such because this just bothers me a lot. Thank you very much in advance.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum