Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loan Shark

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Loan Shark Empty Loan Shark Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:33 pm

roneulice0212

Arresto Menor

My friend is deep in debt for a total sum of Php430,000.00 in a loan shark at 10% interest monthly. She is paying an interest of Php43,000.00 monthly and have already paid a total sum of Php1,032,000.00 in interest only for over two years now. She ask her creditor for a favorable settlement for her to be free of the burden of her obligation but it was not granted by her creditor, and the later is demanding the payment of principal and interest in full. Unfortunately she is incapable of paying off the principal, and thus she must continue paying the interest according to their agreement. The agreement is verbal and there are no records kept for both during the availment of loan and the history of its payment.

Is there any legal remedy for the debtor in case the creditor continues to decline the proposal of the later for a favorable settlement of its obligation?

Is there any legal remedy for the creditor to demand payment in full, both principal and interest based on their original agreement? If yes, what are the options of the debtor?

Please enlighten me with this situation.

Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum