Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

need help re: employment status

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1need help re: employment status Empty need help re: employment status Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:54 pm

paulomejia

Arresto Menor

Hi.I was hired as a trainer in a start up company. during the interview they only said that i will undergo a 2-week training with allowance and after that they will evaluate me.so i waited and after 3 weeks, they evaluated and just said i was hired, but there was no Job offer nor any contract.again, they asked me to wait. a month passed and it was only then that i read about my employment status.
they said i will start as contractual for 5 mos. / then probationary for 6 mos./ then i will be regularized. I did not sign the contract yet because of the contractual status.

Question 1: Are they liable for not divulging the contractual status during the interview? is a contractual status applicable for training/learning centers?
Question 2: Can I request for just a 3 month contract if that is the case so that I can apply to another company without prolonging my agony?
Question 3: Is the non compete clause for 2 yrs applicable for contractual?

Please help me. I really need to decide but their contract contents are very biased.
It is unfair to the employees as well.
Please help me.
You may send your reply to paulomejia@rocketmail.com
or just post all your comments/ advice here.All advise will be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

2need help re: employment status Empty Re: need help re: employment status Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:47 pm

attyLLL

if there was no qualification at the time of hiring, it can be argued that technically you are already a regular employee.

of course you can request, but it depends if they will agree, and that will definitely be a red flag that you will bolt.

non-compete clause is valid. they can seek damages from you if you breach. good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

winter1782

Arresto Menor

gusto ko lang itanong kc when they hired me last june 2009 nag sign ako ng contract na co terminous yung contract ko sa account, 1 yr yung contract na pinirmahan ko...BPO company... then came June 2010, nagpa sign cla ng new contract extending yung contract namin for another month up to July 2010... nag transfer na kami ng ibang account kc nag close na yung 1st account namin, then nasa new account na kami until now wala pa cila pinapapirmahan na new contract samin..technically expired na yung employment contract namin last July 2010... considered ba na regularized na kami? anong status namin ngayon?

4need help re: employment status Empty Re: need help re: employment status Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:26 pm

attyLLL

winter, i would argue that you are already a regular employee. as a project employee you were only designated for that particular project. by moving you to another account, you are now in a new project without qualification and to me this amounts to regularization.

in addition, the fact that you were made to continue after the expiration of 1 year shows that you are performing a duty which is desirable to the company, and you are a regular employee by operation of law.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum